Upsell Email Fairy

christyran1228

We received an email with a "Special Offer" to upgrade to a Jr. Suite (from an 8E) for the bargain price of $540 total.

Has anyone ever made a counter-offer and have it accepted?

I forwarded the email to my PVP semi-jokingly, asking if there was any room to negotiate. Of course he is gone for the day ... lol [emoji41]

Edited by christyran1228

We received an email with a "Special Offer" to upgrade to a Jr. Suite (from an 8E) for the bargain price of $540 total.

Has anyone ever made a counter-offer and have it accepted?

I forwarded the email to my PVP semi-jokingly, asking if there was any room to negotiate. Of course he is gone for the day ... lol [emoji41]

Why not negotiate. We did once but it didn't work.

Does not hurt to try! I know that when I receive the upsell emails/calls, my PVP does not know about them since they are done in a totally different department. The last one I received was for a balcony on the Spa deck and I called and asked to change the deck location since we do not like the open balconies on Spa deck and they let me!

I first got an email about a month ago offering an upgrade from ocean view to a balcony for $280 pp ($560 total) which was too high to me so I declined, then about a week ago I got another email offering the upgrade (with the same balcony rooms to choose from as before) this time for $130 pp ($260 total) which I happily accepted. :D

My first offer was for an ocean suite on the Conquest for 390, I took that one. Got a second offer for Grand Suite for 1200, turned it down. Got a third offer for Captains Suite for 2260, turned it down as well, they then dropped the 1200 offer for Grand to 760. Still happy with my first choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've been offered suite upgrades on the past two trips. On the Grand they made an offer, I acted interested, though it was too much for me, then asked if they could do any better. He did! It was still too high. After about 15 minutes I accepted the upgrade for a couple hundred dollars and about $800 less than the initial offer. Tried it last year on the Triumph, no luck at all. Has to do with inventory I guess. Give it a shot.

I received a call today to upgrade to a Grand Suite on the Pride for $748 more. We are already booked in an ext. Aft balcony stateroom. I did send a counter email but I haven't heard back from them yet.

What date are you sailing? I'm trying to get my TA to go to bat for us and try to get an OS from a premium balcony for a decent price.

Lol! I got that same e-mail for the Nov 9th Valor sailing. Definitely not taking it. Still lots of available cabins, and suites. I am sure the offers will be better in the upcoming weeks.

I forget when the Valor and Liberty switches, but if this is the San Juan run, then don't bother. You're always in port!

What date are you sailing? I'm trying to get my TA to go to bat for us and try to get an OS from a premium balcony for a decent price.

We are sailing on 10.12.14 on the Pride..we ended up not taking it. The perks didnt justify the cost.

Edited by swtbaboo36

We got an offer last week to upgrade our balcony on the panorama deck to an Ocean suite for $510 (on the Triumph, Nov 8). I called in and tried to get them to go lower, they did not, and I took it anyway. My mom, my daughter and I are going and my mom and I split the upgrade evenly so I figured, what the heck, we may never get an offer to have a suite again. I'm excited because my mom and dad are loyal to RC and this is her first time on Carnival, so hopefully having a suite will make her want to go with us again!

BTW, there are still TONS of ocean suites left for our cruise, so they will probably lower their upgrade prices.

I got my first ever Upgrade Fairy call yesterday. From Panorama to a Grand Suite for the grand sweet price of $800. (There are four in our cabin).

I had to laugh out loud, hope I didn't wreck his eardrums! Not that I wouldn't like to have it but if I was going to spend another $800, it would be on a separate cabin and not just a larger one! Imagine the drinks we can have for $800!

Lol! I got that same e-mail for the Nov 9th Valor sailing. Definitely not taking it. Still lots of available cabins, and suites. I am sure the offers will be better in the upcoming weeks.

We will be on the same cruise ... and NOT in a suite! Lol

My PVP never answered, but my heart is not broken. I'm happy where we are, and figure I'll most likely be too sunburned to enjoy a tub anyway ... which is the only reason I'd have gone for it.