Plug-ins on TVs On The Brilliance OTS

Sybird

We are sailing on the Brilliance out of Bayonne, NJ, on October 12, 2014

Will we be able to plug in our 8" DVD player or tablet using HDMI or RCA cables? ( No sense in dragging unit onboard if it cannot be connected to the balcony cabin TV!)

Thanks for the reply B/4 we pack.

Sy

We are sailing on the Brilliance out of Bayonne, NJ, on October 12, 2014

Will we be able to plug in our 8" DVD player or tablet using HDMI or RCA cables? ( No sense in dragging unit onboard if it cannot be connected to the balcony cabin TV!)

Thanks for the reply B/4 we pack.

Sy

The supplied remote control does not let you select auxilliary inouts. However, some people report success bringing a universal remote and being to select another input.

Erik, I hear Texas isn't a country and they don't require passports even if you are from farther South. LOL We have an extra remote that works but never had time to use it. We were too busy even on a 16 day cruise. The only thing we watched were weather and ship position.

I had success in the past using a universal remote on a different ship. It was a samsung tv. I took a harmony remote, noted the model number, and programmed it before the ship left the port.

Since that time, I have been on the Navigator after it's drydock, and I SWEAR it had an option for using your own HDMI device built in to the tv software. But of course, I didn't take anything to check that time.