help--renting a convertible--how much trunk space?

brize

Hey everyone...I need your expertise! we are renting a convertible (it will probably be a 2005 Ford Mustang, they tell us) to drive to the cruise ship...but we are hard pressed to figure out how much trunk space there will be! We are planning on going to a Ford dealership soon...but until then, anyone own/have driven one and know how much will fit in there? We have two of those semi-large ones...

Thanks so much!!!

We rented a Ford Mustang when we were in California last year and we barely had enough room for the luggage. It took us an hour just to pack it up, and I still wound up with some beneath my feet and on my lap! We had to have thhe top down, which was fine except that on the way to the airport to drop it off, it started raining!

Not much room at all in the Mustang convertible, plus the back seat is smaller due to the top mechanisims and motors. I have a BMW 325 convertible and the space that the top stores in the trunk area can collapse 'up' when the top is up to allow about 50% more trunk room but I know that isn't offered in the Mustang. You may want to consider the Chrysler Seabring if available. Much more trunk room with the top down and back seat room. Plus, if you are renting this convertible in August or September in Florida, you may want to think twice. The heat is almost unbearable and unless you are flying down the highway at 65 mph, you will roast under the sun.

DH and I rented a convertible Mustang after last cruise to drive down Rt. 1 to Key West.

You can get two larger suitcases CRAMMED in the trunk. Two carryons and a hardsided suitcase in the backseats. We made it work, but there was only 2 of us. :) We were slightly overpacked for an 7 day vacation (5 cruise 2 in Key West)

My wife and I both have Chrysler Sebring convertibles and have noted that they are larger and have more interior and trunk space than most other convertibles. We had LeBaron convertibles before the Sebrings came along and they had tiny trunks. Obviously, we're both hooked on convertibles. You either love them or hate them. There's not much in-between.:)

We are able to carry two large suitcase, two garment bags, two carry-ons, my wife's purse and a totebag with no problems and there is still a little room left in the trunk. It's easier hefting the big bags in with the top down, but we've never had to leave the top up to get them all inside.

Another nice thing about the Sebrings is that they have six-cylinder engines, which gives you more pick-up and safety when passing and making quick lane changes, etc. and they also have fully lined interiors on the convertible top, so there is less noise, and the extra insulation keeps the heat in during the winter and the cold air in during the summer.

On the newer Sebrings, there is also a six-cd player mounted just under the dashboard. You can also change stations and cds by pressing buttons on the steering wheel, which is a nice safety feature.

Most rental agencies have access to the Sebrings.

And, no, I have not been compensated for this message. :D

Allen

One large suit case max in the trunk. Last time we rented a convertible we also had a set of golf clubs. We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies driving down the road. One suit case and our carry ons did jam into the trunk, but the golf clubs had to "sit-up" in the back seat along with the other suitcase. And we HAD to have the roof down. Thank goodness it wasn't raining and it was a short drive between airport and hotel! The Sebring may be a little bigger, but not that big.

Most rental agencies have access to the Sebrings.

And' date=' no, I have not been compensated for this message. :D

Allen[/quote']

But you should be! Much better than that Snoop Dogg and Lido commercial!

Archived