All things Liberty of the seas

collinH45

I guess I've pretty much resigned myself to accepting that a chair in the sun is going to be hard to find.. Either anywhere near the pool or upper decks,or the solarium on sea days.. We will be on in June 16, from Galveston..

Based on pictures theres nothing to be found even on upper decks.

I did find a glimmber of hope though.. It looks there are lots of chairs down by the flow rider..Does this area get a lot of use ...the chairs that is. I would be happy with that area.. with an occasional sprint to cool off..

I just need one chair, will this make it a tad bit easier to find something in a fun location to people watch and relax?

Finding one in the sun would probably be easier than finding two in the shade, which we had been seeking on this day. Had we not cared about the shade, we would have easily found two chairs. When we didn't care, we did end up,on Deck 12 just above the pool area which was fine as we were able to see everything going on yet enjoy the ocean breeze.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess I've pretty much resigned myself to accepting that a chair in the sun is going to be hard to find.. Either anywhere near the pool or upper decks,or the solarium on sea days.. We will be on in June 16, from Galveston..

Based on pictures theres nothing to be found even on upper decks.

I did find a glimmber of hope though.. It looks there are lots of chairs down by the flow rider..Does this area get a lot of use ...the chairs that is. I would be happy with that area.. with an occasional sprint to cool off..

Not sure what pictures you saw as there were lots of chairs on the upper deck around the entire pool area and as long as you don't mind sitting in the sun and/or don't mind cigarette smoke, then you should be ok. We could more easily find chairs on Deck 12 until about 10am or so. If cigarette smoke doesn't bother you, the entire port side of the pool area is a smoking section. As I have bad asthma, I could not sit there.

We did walk down to the flow rider but don't recall seeing lounge chairs there, just a stadium seating type area around it.

Just an update to the chair hogs...this morning we were up on the pool deck at 8:30 or so, and were able to find a couple of chairs in the shade. That's not to say it was easy to do but we did it. We were totally prepared to sit in some of those towel saved chairs if we had to. We also learned that the pool attendants go around to rows of chairs with only towels and fold those towels a certain way into the back of the chair and start their timer. If no one shows up after 30 minutes, they remove the towels and free up the chairs., but it was different attendants today than yesterday so I am not sure they are all enforcing the rules because of our experience yesterday.

Just an update to the chair hogs...this morning we were up on the pool deck at 8:30 or so, and were able to find a couple of chairs in the shade. That's not to say it was easy to do but we did it. We were totally prepared to sit in some of those towel saved chairs if we had to. We also learned that the pool attendants go around to rows of chairs with only towels and fold those towels a certain way into the back of the chair and start their timer. If no one shows up after 30 minutes, they remove the towels and free up the chairs., but it was different attendants today than yesterday so I am not sure they are all enforcing the rules because of our experience yesterday.

Thanks for sharing. With an upcoming cruise that's good to know.

Kathy

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Very interesting world these world of chairs...

I will be on Liberty in September 2015. What is your sail date? I will be sailing on 9/19/15 to Bermuda:)

Hi....although not addressed to me, we'll be on the 9/19 sailing as well. Have you been to Bermuda before?

Kathy

If they're not back in ten minutes, I'll move their stuff off the chair and occupy it myself. What are they going to do about it?

I like your guts, I may just do the same thing...what will they do when they do show up? I just need one chair!

Edited by Mollyolly

We loved Bermuda and visited both this year and last as part of our cruise. Since we only had a single day each time, last year we took a bus to Horseshoe Beach which was beautiful, it was a bit crowded, the pink sand looks pink when it's wet. There's were chairs and umbrellas available for rent as well as a food concession stand -burgers, hot dogs, fries, etc but if I remember it was a bit pricey. This year we did a little wandering around the dockyard in the morning and then the Devil's Isle Catamaran snorkel excursion through the cruise line. It was a fantastic excursion and highly recommend it! Enjoy your cruises. We booked our next one while on board and as of now are heading to Alaska on Explorer!

We were there last October but we had a rainy day and didn't get the time on land that we were hoping for. So we're very much looking forward to it as well. Fechter99, an Alaska cruise is something we hope to do one day. Have a great time...love Explorer!!!

Hopefully that will be our luck on our sailing tomorrow! I wish there was consistency on a daily basis. Thanks for letting us know.

• 2 weeks later...

Doing a NEW Years Cruise for the 3rd consecutive year. This year is a little different as we will be on the Liberty instead of the INDY. Also cruising out of Galveston TX for the first time. Very excited. Thanks for the great thread

• 4 weeks later...
Hello and my apologies if this was asked already. I saw a picture on "chesneygirl" video of a deck that looked out onto the ocean that had park like benches on it. Where is this and how do u get to it? What deck / location etc? Tia

If u still have the pic, post it, so we can tell u

Hello and my apologies if this was asked already. I saw a picture on "chesneygirl" video of a deck that looked out onto the ocean that had park like benches on it. Where is this and how do u get to it? What deck / location etc? Tia

If there are park benches then my guess would be the helipad which is located on a forward deck. Unfortunately I forget the deck number.

Edited by seeshore

Is this the area you're talking about?

helipad.jpg.7fc9e0ff793ee0460dad7e1509c89e90.jpg

Edited by Tunkhannock
CC didn't like my first picture link... or second.

Right, I was on Indy 2 weeks ago. In the helipad, located deck 5 forward. Access is from deck 4 all the way forward through the open deck you will see the steps go up 1 floor.

If you're not so good with steps, on liberty you can go into the sphynx on deck 5 forward, and on each side of the room is a door that leads out to the the 5th floor deck very close to the helipad. the door is about halfway back into the room and doesn't look like one you should go through, but it's ok - it's for passenger use. once out on deck, head towards the front, and you will only have to go up the last few steps to the helipad, rather than taking the very long set of steps outside from deck 4 to 5.

DH and i just did this twice on the aug 8 cruise. our room steward told us about the doors, after we mentioned we walked up the long stairway from 4 to 5 for sailaway (not a big deal for us, but my mom was with us and it was rough for her).