All things Liberty of the seas

collinH45

And if you have read that another price adjustment is indeed in effect, are you looking for confirmation that what you read is true? Who/what gave this information?

Other forums within this website. I'm looking for LOTS specific confirmation.

I sailed on Liberty on April 2nd and I can confirm that there are very few placed that have a drink menu, Hoof & claw does have a very limited cocktail menu but a complete beer listing.

Sadly the priced HAVE gone up 40 to 50% on most cocktails. The martinis that were already $12 are still $12. but most cocktails that were in the $8 to $10 range are now $12 and those that were $6 to $7, some are around $10

So, as a rule of thumb, some cocktails are $10, most are $12, and the Drink of the day is $7.95 I think.

And there we go. Ugh great. Guess I'm doing a package and the heck with them I'll gladly share it with the wife. 5 mins between drinks isn't that big of a deal. Guess my next cruise will be with someone else who isn't trying to nickel and dime me. And this is our Platinum cruise as well. :(

Perhaps when the staff starts seeing tips going down because they jacking us for an 18% auto grat maybe that will get the message out. I have always thrown an extra buck on top of the auto 15% but squeezing me for more money for my drinks by such a huge amount is going to make me more tight with the wallet. Sorry underpaid and over worked staff member but RCCL just gave you a pay cut.

Now for the other side of the coin. I'm not looking forward to exposing my 11yo daughter to a drunken frat party at sea. I'm no prude, trust me (doing an AI at Mr Sanchos) but this is supposed to be a family friendly vacation. I just have visions of passed out passengers in the hallways mid day after an intense day slamming back shots in the hot sun poolside. ::shakes head:: I think RCCL has become too big and too money hungry.

Other forums within this website. I'm looking for LOTS specific confirmation.

I sailed on Liberty on April 2nd and I can confirm that there are very few placed that have a drink menu, Hoof & claw does have a very limited cocktail menu but a complete beer listing.

Sadly the priced HAVE gone up 40 to 50% on most cocktails. The martinis that were already $12 are still $12. but most cocktails that were in the $8 to $10 range are now $12 and those that were $6 to $7, some are around $10

So, as a rule of thumb, some cocktails are $10, most are $12, and the Drink of the day is $7.95 I think.

And there we go. Ugh great. Guess I'm doing a package and the heck with them I'll gladly share it with the wife. 5 mins between drinks isn't that big of a deal. Guess my next cruise will be with someone else who isn't trying to nickel and dime me. And this is our Platinum cruise as well. :(

I did some digging as well and found the bad news too:(

Much fewer drinks to choose from, to really hiked prices.

However, where I live cocktails/drinks usually go for $17-18 so it's not too bad.

Royal Replenish and pay as you go alcohol will have to work for me.

But it really throws a wrench in my plans to just float in cruise limbo when you have to keep track of your bar bill. Oh well.

Edited by magwin

I would love to know as well. Worst case, I'll find out for myself once onboard in a couple days and report back after the 16th!

Just off Liberty...the golf simulator was operational the entire cruise. Didn't get a chance to rent it myself ($25/hour), but I did participate in a "Closest to the Pin" competition! My first Gold Medal at sea! There were 8 participants, and I won with a shot just over 10 feet from the pin!

I thought the simulator was very realistic and enjoyed the 3 shots I took!

Going to Bermuda jUN 13, 015....STAYING IN NY FOR A COUPLE DAYS B EFORE...ANYONE KNOW IF THE TAXI IS THE BEST WAY TO GET TOSHIP FROM NY, AND HOWMUCH A TAXI WOULD BE?

You should also post your question in the East Coast Departures board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Be sure to tell them where you are staying in New York.

Back to the ultimate beverage package, if I want to get a bucket of beer can I? Will they issue a discount or will they do it at all? I am sure they will and charge full price. Sometimes I like to take a few to the room for balcony time.

Back to the ultimate beverage package, if I want to get a bucket of beer can I? Will they issue a discount or will they do it at all? I am sure they will and charge full price. Sometimes I like to take a few to the room for balcony time.

You can only get one drink at a time, per SeaPass card with a beverage package.

Going to Bermuda jUN 13, 015....STAYING IN NY FOR A COUPLE DAYS B EFORE...ANYONE KNOW IF THE TAXI IS THE BEST WAY TO GET TOSHIP FROM NY, AND HOWMUCH A TAXI WOULD BE?

I assume you mean the Cape Liberty cruise port? DON'T take a taxi-- they will double the one way price, since a yellow cab from NYC cannot pick up passengers in NJ. You can either take car service or the public transportation options listed in the link posted above-- but no taxi!!

I stayed at Hilton Times Square before Quantum and a prebooked car with Carmel Cars came to $80. Most of the online booking places will give you a quote. A taxi can't and depends on many different things.

• 2 months later...
Hi! Does anyone have any information (menu, etc) for Jade? I think I would like to try it but I don't think hubby will eat there if it is all sushi. Thanks!

There is no menu. Jade is simply a section of Windjammer with Asian food items, such as rice, miso soup, etc. In the evening there is usually a selection of sushi.

1. I'm trying to figure out if I'm still supposed to tip someone on board even with the prepaid gratuities. I've been going through this board and so far I've come to the conclusion that I'm supposed to tip at least room service. Please correct me if I'm wrong. (There's no tipping culture where I come from so this is rather confusing for me)

2. Is there frozen yogurt available on board? :)

3. I and DH are both planning to get the Royal refreshment package. I know "You can only get one drink at a time, per SeaPass card". Does this mean that DH can go and get diet sodas for both of us as long as he has my SeaPass card with him as well? Does he have to have our souvenir cups with him, too?

Needless to say, this'll be our first cruise :rolleyes:

We'll be sailing on Liberty from 30 July and can't wait!!

1. I'm trying to figure out if I'm still supposed to tip someone on board even with the prepaid gratuities. I've been going through this board and so far I've come to the conclusion that I'm supposed to tip at least room service. Please correct me if I'm wrong. (There's no tipping culture where I come from so this is rather confusing for me)

2. Is there frozen yogurt available on board? :)

3. I and DH are both planning to get the Royal refreshment package. I know "You can only get one drink at a time, per SeaPass card". Does this mean that DH can go and get diet sodas for both of us as long as he has my SeaPass card with him as well? Does he have to have our souvenir cups with him, too?

Needless to say, this'll be our first cruise :rolleyes:

We'll be sailing on Liberty from 30 July and can't wait!!

You are not required or expected to tip anyone else beyond your prepaid tips. However, many do tip the room service people a few dollars, depending on the size of the order.

Frozen yogurt is available on the pool deck, no extra charge, for limited hours. Something like noon to 6pm.

You don't need the souvenir cups to get soda, you can just show SeaPass cards. They will usually give one drink per card presented.

I have read the FAQ on the RCCL site and I am wondering if I can bring a few six packs of Mott's Apple juice on board for my daughter's? They are 2 and 4 and tend to drink quite a bit of juice even though I dilute it by 75% with water.

I have heard people say they bring water on board but I wasn't sure if juice would be confiscated. Thanks

I have read the FAQ on the RCCL site and I am wondering if I can bring a few six packs of Mott's Apple juice on board for my daughter's? They are 2 and 4 and tend to drink quite a bit of juice even though I dilute it by 75% with water.

I have heard people say they bring water on board but I wasn't sure if juice would be confiscated. Thanks

Just like water and soda, the juice is technically prohibited, but usually allowed.

Things have changed but years ago I would do the same I brought apple juice juice packs for my DD. had no problem but like I said things have changed. I think you should be ok but it depends on who checks you in. Good luck

We're cruising on the Liberty in November after she is moved to Galveston. We are flying in the day before the cruise to Hobby and wondering if anyone knows what they have for transport from Hobby to a Galveston Hotel for our over night stay. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome,thank you.

Rhonda

We're cruising on the Liberty in November after she is moved to Galveston. We are flying in the day before the cruise to Hobby and wondering if anyone knows what they have for transport from Hobby to a Galveston Hotel for our over night stay. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome,thank you.

Rhonda

I would also post your inquiry in the Gulf Coast Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414