Scenic review in USA Today

alexandra cruiser

and very shocked as I also got off Scenic cruise 2 mos.ago and had just the opposite experience.There were hand sanitizers right as you entered dining room,did the move them? CD DID mention at beginning of cruise about importance of them,but up to ea cruiser to USE THEM.

Would definitely mention about sneezing,coughing by servers.NO EXCUSE for that.

Seems so odd to have exact opposite experience as you.Hope it was an anomaly because I had the BEST experience on Scenic than in 11 other cruises.

But I hope others do NOT think this is COMMON, would go again(even have one booked) and just HOPE that it never occurs again.

Customer service and sanitation should be VERY IMPORTANT,always room to improve.Lets hope it NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN>

Maybe Scenic reads these posts and can comment??Social media is VERY important.:confused:

About 3/4 of the crew had symptoms and well over 1/2 of the passengers were coughing and sneezing!! The had hand sanitizers but did not push using them like they should have, did not isolate sick crew and servers, did not disinfect and Im just back from the Dr. and I have Streep throat and now have to do a dose of antibiotics along with cough medicine that has codine.

BTW world, I wrote to Scenic and no respectable acceptable reply!!

We all have to be new posters to CC at some point in time. When I joined this May, I had issues with terrible mold on my Azamara cruise and wanted to warn others. Many on the Azamara Board criticized me because I was new to CC. Thank you for warning others and we can all read the good with the bad and make our own decisions. I would be upset, also.

Sorry this is my 1st post, but it does represent my recent experience.

We just returned from the Nuremberg to Budapest cruise on the Sapphire and while the dinner service and food was terrible ... I have never experienced a situation where servers and food prep workers who were coughing and sneezing and obviously sick were allowed to work ...

This experience doesn't sound good.

We travelled on Scenic Sapphire Amsterdam-Budapest in September and found:

1. The service in the restaurant was extremely good/ faultless for the 2 weeks, although we did have an issue with the barlady in the lounge.

2. Food was not terrible by any stretch of the imagination. Ok, sometimes I didn't like a particular dish, but there were plenty of other agreeable options.

3. Hygiene was stressed at the initial briefing. It was reiterated during the cruise as there were "sick ships on the river" and they wanted to avoid the same thing happening on our cruise. Hand sanitisers were placed clearly at the entries and the restaurant entries. Not everyone used them - I did. I saw the handrails being cleaned many times.

4. A couple of passengers were ill early and and were cabin bound until week 2. By Vienna there was a LOT of coughing and carry on, some of it sounded quite awful. 2 of the 4 of us travelling together caught a 24hr type bug.

5. Restaurant staff coughing and sneezing everywhere is vile and unacceptable. Fortunately this was not our experience.

About 3/4 of the crew had symptoms and well over 1/2 of the passengers were coughing and sneezing!! The had hand sanitizers but did not push using them like they should have, did not isolate sick crew and servers, did not disinfect and Im just back from the Dr. and I have Streep throat and now have to do a dose of antibiotics along with cough medicine that has codine.

BTW world, I wrote to Scenic and no respectable acceptable reply!!

What do you mean no "respectable" reply? What was wrong with it.

What do you mean no "respectable" reply? What was wrong with it.

That poster joined CC on the 9th made two posts about her "unhappy" scenic experience on the 10th and has not been back since!

I'm sure from her (or his) perspective their cruise was just as reported. Some folks always have a "glass half empty" viewpoint. Very sad..,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums