On the Sunshine - refrigerator, fan and cooler question

GeorgiaMomof4

We are sailing on the Sunshine in a few weeks and I have some questions please.

We will be in an oceanview - do they have refrigerators in the rooms?

If not, I know Carnival's website says you can bring a cooler on that is

no larger than 12x12x12. I have one that is 9x14x12 that is on wheels. Do you think they would make a fuss about the extra 2" in size? I just hate to go out and buy a new one since we've already got this one at home.

Now a fan question. One of our travel companions swears he has to have a fan to sleep by at night. Wanted to bring a box fan with him but I'm trying to talk him into bringing something smaller. With that being said, can you ask a room steward for a fan to be brought into your room when you board and not have to lug one from home?

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to give me some insight here!

Some have refrigerators and some don't - we were in a spa cabin and we had a fridge. Maybe if you call Carnival they can tell you.

The fan - well, we had AC problems and they offered to let us use a fan in our cabin - maybe ask when you call Carnival before you go if it's possible to get a fan in the cabin? Worth askin!

Have fun!!

Most of the cabins on the Sunshine don't have refrigerators. The new cabins do, as well as the suites. As far as I know the others don't. We had an aft wrap and no fridge. As far as the cooler, I haven't ever taken a cooler but I have heard on the boards that it depends on who's checking you through security. Some would let the extra 2" go through and some might take it away. So you'd be taking a chance. I don't know about taking a big box fan on, but I know they have them on the ship. Just don't know whether they would bring you one. I had friends whose AC didn't work on the Sunshine and they were provided with a fan.

We were on deck 5 in an ocean view room and we did have a refrigerator two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How comfortable was your room temperature wise? I'm considering bringing a fan but really don't want the extra hassle if I don't need it - but I don't like a warm room!

Any other tips you have since you cruise just 2 weeks ago?

Did you do early, late or YTD? Pros/cons?

Georgia mom- our room was comfortable not hot, not cold. We did have the thermostat as low as it would go. At home I keep my house cool, low 70's and I would say our room was comparable. We kept the curtains closed when we weren't in the room too.

We had late seating, we were a group of 15. We tried just about everything on the menu! Some items were better than others. If you like steak think about one of the steakhouse steaks ($20) on the main dining room menu, the filet was delicious! Guys Burgers and Blue Iguana had great lunches. The Havana bar had cooked to order pasta at lunch, it took about 15 minutes, worth the wait.

We did a few things we had never done before on this trip. We enjoy the pub quiz at 7 before dinner most nights it was a lot of fun. We bought spa access and enjoyed the thermal suite. We spent some time in the library bar playing games late in the evenings, it was empty. We watched a movie on the big screen under the stars. We really enjoyed the ship!

We are just off the Sunshine this past Saturday & the whole ship ran really warm!! We had a spa balcony & one night we thought the heat had been turned on. Our traveling companions that were in the balcony next to us & an inside across from us, each asked for a fan because their cabins were like ovens every night. Customer Service did provide those for them almost immediately after they asked. We only had problems in our cabin that one night but noticed the warm temps on the rest of the ship the entire 7 days. This was the warmest ship we've ever been on but that would be our only complaint! Have a GREAT cruise :o)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here is what we learned on the Labor day weekend cruise for the Sunshine. Ocean view deck 5 aft are "newly" added cabins, they do have a mini fridge. I have seen it, (our friends room). older Destiny cabins DO NOT. We took a 12 x 12 x 10 cooler for our wine and cola. The room steward brought us a standard size styrofoam cooler and set our small one aside. A battery powered fan is what I use. the batteries lasted all five nights. carry on, no problems at all.

We were in 11017 & our friends were in 11015 & 11007. I read that the sliding doors have a sensor on them & the AC won't work if it's not shut all the way. Dk how accurate that is but I did enjoy the balcony @ night before bed so if that is true, maybe I didn't shut it good that one night?? They don't give you any problems @ all if you have to call & ask for a fan tho. Enjoy your cruise :)

We had 15 people in our group, seven cabins, 1 ocean view on 5, 1 balcony on 11, 2 insides on 7 and 3 balconies on 7. The a/c did shut off when the balcony doors were open in our friends room. No complaints from anyone in our group having hot rooms.

The balcony door may have been the culprit on our one hot night & your right abt it being warm when the door was open (we normally only left it open during the day when we were in a port but not for long. It was way too windy to leave it open while moving! Lol) But our friends were in an interior room across from us & it ran very warm. She had a thermometer in her room but I can't remember what she said it was reading. The fan from customer service helped tho. We still had an awesome cruise so no worries!!