What times do I tell Carmel to pick us up?

TNIris

If we want to be ON the cruise ship at 1:00 p.m., what time should I tell Carmel to pick us up from our hotel at Laguardia airport the morning of embarkation?

And realistically, what time should I tell Carmel to pick us up at the port the morning of departure? I don't think our flight leaves from Laguardia until like 4pm, but I do want to get off the cruise ship around 8:30 or so, if that's doable....how long would it take us to get through customs, etc?

Thanks!!

You're traveling to the port on a weekday morning, so I would expect the trip from your hotel to the port to take at least an hour. If you want to be on the ship by 1 pm, I'd say to leave your hotel no later than 10:30 to 11 am. This allows for traffic delays, check in lines at the port, etc.

I haven't cruised on the Explorer for a while, so I can't say when disembarkation has been starting or how long customs/immigration clearance is taking these days. Perhaps someone who has traveled recently can advise.

I live about 10 minutes away from LGA and I recently took a 10am car service to get on the Summit in NJ and we were on the ship having a drink within an hour and a half and that was with a pretty slow check-in. I should note that we departed on a Sunday, you may experience slightly more traffic on a Thursday. If you want to be on by 1 you should be safe with the recommended 10:30 or 11am pickup.

We got off the ship at 8:40am for a 9am pickup and were back home in 45 minutes. Once we grabbed our bags it was about 5 minutes through customs. If your flight isn't until 4 get off as late as you can, certain LGA terminals/sections have pretty terrible amenities so I would definitely check that out before you commit to spending 4+ hours in the airport.

I will need a car service from JFK to Country Inn in Elizabeth, and pick up from the Summit back to JFK. The recent reviews on Carmel, Dial7, Luxor, NY Premier Limo have been mixed. and Carmel and Dial 7 that is so popular on CC have had downright horrible reviews of late. I'm trying to decide if we should just take a taxi, and have dispatch call for minivan taxi both ways. I don't know how long a wait there is for that.

I will need a car service from JFK to Country Inn in Elizabeth, and pick up from the Summit back to JFK. The recent reviews on Carmel, Dial7, Luxor, NY Premier Limo have been mixed. and Carmel and Dial 7 that is so popular on CC have had downright horrible reviews of late. I'm trying to decide if we should just take a taxi, and have dispatch call for minivan taxi both ways. I don't know how long a wait there is for that.

I've answered your question on the separate thread you started.

You do not want to take a taxi, for the reasons I stated in that answer. Also NY City taxis can't be dispatched. They can only pick up passengers through street hails or at taxi stands at airports, hotels and where designated elsewhere. There's no way for you to reserve or have a mini van taxi dispatched (which by the way you don't need anyway based on the luggage you described in your other post). You can only reserve transportation through a car, limousine, or livery service.

Edited by njhorseman