Recent Cave Tubing

VitaminDLover

We are cruising this coming April and are looking into both cave-tubing.com and cavetubing.bz. Both have competitive prices compared to the cruise line and both offer lunch after the excursion. I am looking for feedback from anyone who has recently been cave tubing with either of these companies, good and bad?! Also, who was your guide and would you recommend them? Thanks in advance for any help and insight you can offer!

There are a lot of messages about both companies. It is also worth checking trip advisor because there are a lot of comments and ratings. The other company is Charlie's Cave Tubing, which I think is rated #2 where .bz is rated #1.

We are going in December and using .bz since we are planning a large group, getting a discount, we like that they have smaller tubes with bottoms for the kids, seatbelts in van, etc.

We just got back from our cruise about 2 weeks ago. We went with .bz and were very impressed. Our guides were Sean and Andy and they were both amazing. They gave a lot of great information while we were driving out to the caves. Once there, they give a personal tour of the jungle, talking about the plants, animals and cave formations you are seeing. We saw several other tour groups go by out group that were just trekking to the cave with no tour or explanation of what they were seeing. They found a tarantula, leaf cutter ants and termites (they will even let you eat one if you want) for us to see. I feel like we had the best tour on the river.

Lunch is all you can eat adobo chicken, rice, beans and coleslaw as well as rum punch, soda or water. When they picked us up, they had cold bottles of water for us and an airconditioned van.

I highly recommend .bz!

I was looking at them and am very interested. I'm just concerned about getting off the ship since this is a tender port and we would probably Belfast since it's not through carnival. How did that work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was worried about the tendering too but I shouldn't have been. In the Fun Times, it listed where everyone needed to be to catch the tenders. Water Based through Carnival was in one lounge, Non-Water Based in another and then those people who did not have tours booked through Carnival went to the Comedy Club.

We ate breakfast and went to the Comedy Club as soon as they announced we could begin tendering. Make sure your whole party is with you, they give you a sticker and you wait for your number to be called. We were given number 4 and went straight down to the tender. We were on the tender with numbers 1-4 and were on the first tender off the ship. It was simple and easy. Once on-shore, you walk out the door to Terminal 1 and the .bz guides were waiting for you outside with signs. A short walk to their van and we were given cold bottled water and were on our way shortly thereafter.

They had us back to the port in plenty of time to do some quick shopping and then head back to the ship. I could not be more pleased with my decision to choose .bz. I can't say enough good things about them.

I have used cave-tubing.com 2 times once in 2008 and once in 2013 both times was a great experience. In 2013 we got lunch that was very good. It is a great value and the guides make sure you are well taken care of. I would take thus tour again in a heartbeat using cave-tubing.com......half the price...twice the fun!!!

Edited by scrappynancy

I have used 4 times and recommended twice to friends cavetubing.bz.

Never had a problem with them. I always enjoy the stops during the walk pointing out things along the trail, the tree where the dye for our currency comes from, allspice, Tarantula holes (they will try to get one to come out and you can hold it) While we stop it seems that many groups are walking on by and never stopping. For me this is why I always go back to them, I feel I get more for my money. The lunch is filling and there is plenty of beer or rum punch.

We used .bz in January and I highly recommend them. When I was researching tours prior to the cruise, it appeared .bz was the only tour that carried the tubes for you. This was nice, especially with children.

I gave a very detailed picture review of this excursion stating at post #28:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1976718&page=2