Who has sailed on the Forward? Really Foward. I'm mean the front of the front.

blnorman

Somebody stop me (in my Jim Carey voice)!!!!!! Seriously..... anybody out there who can advise? (before I call to pay for any upgrade) ... lol

Hi,

I've had the "most forwardest" cabin 3 times, on purpose. 2201 on the Valor (first cruise), 2202 on the Victory and 2203 on the Valor again. There really are a few advantages.

End of the corridor means nobody walks in front of it. Nobody disturbs you, you don't disturb anyone. Q-U-I-E-T. Some people mentioned the noise of the anchors going down... Yeah, ok, and I appreciated it because it is even better than a clock. I like to be the first out of the ship and the last onboard. I travel for the multiple destinations, not to sleep on the ship. It depends on what you are looking for.

2202 on the Victory has no window but still has an outside wall. My girlfriend did not appreciate it but it was because of an extraordinary, extreme circumstance. We were faced with a tropical storm (in 2012, can't remember the name of the storm) and the captain decided it was better for the ship and the passengers to face it and go right through it, than going around it and not knowing how long it would take nor if we wouldn't be catched by the storm anyway. The sound of the waves on the outside wall while we crossed the storm and the many shocks on our cabin were incredible. I absolutely loved the experience and felt safe from A to Z, my GF thought it was way too extreme and scary. People on top decks and midship didn't complain a lot.

I've had a mid ship cabin on my 4th cruise, and it is very true, way less movement from the sea, but more people walking in front of the door, more noise, steward was not always preparing the room at the same time (not like the end of the corridor, which was where they started their shift :) ). I was able to sleep in if I wanted to (which was much appreciated on July 5th ;) ) and it was close to stairs and elevators.

There's a place for everyone and a way to appreciate every place. Just don't worry and see for yourself how it is.

I was in M5 (3 rooms from the front) on the Ecstasy, porthole cabin several years ago (2007). It would never be my first choice of rooms as it was very noisy and shook like an earthquake when pulling in and out of port. Certainly didn't ruin our trip as we weren't in the room much. But that will be the last time I let Carnival pick for me.

I was in M5 (3 rooms from the front) on the Ecstasy, porthole cabin several years ago (2007). It would never be my first choice of rooms as it was very noisy and shook like an earthquake when pulling in and out of port. Certainly didn't ruin our trip as we weren't in the room much. But that will be the last time I let Carnival pick for me.

See what I mean, it's a matter of preference and experience. I'm OK with the movement, some prefer when it doesn't move too much, and I take the vibration and noise from docking as a signal to get out. What's funny is that I chose my cabin 3 times and I went to the front, and I let them choose twice and they put me midship. The only place I'm not sure about is aftship, because of the engines.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

My very first cruise was on the fantasy, the very tip of the front on deck 2.

In every port you would be rattled awake by the thrusters and the entire cabin would shake, on the way back we hit rough seas and you could constantly hear the waves hitting all night long.

Lesson learned for me! Go higher! I switched to balcony's and never looked back :)

My husband and I had an M1. It was nice to have to only worry about 1 neighbor. We did have the cleaning closet right next to us though, so we could hear whenever something was being pulled out or put back. Other then that, no issues at all. Was even smooth sailing, no feeling like I was going to fall over lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To the OP. We just had R1 and R3 on Fascination 2 weeks ago. The pros are that the rooms are out if the way at the end of the hallway so not many passengers walking by, BUT the crew service door and stairway is at the end of that hall so a lot of crew traffic. Both rooms are decent size and the porthole is great to get natural light for the same price as an interior. we had good weather so there was only one night with a little motion so that was not a factor. The cons are NOISE! You are on the lowest passenger deck up front. The bow thrusters are very loud in these rooms. So when you go into any port with docks (Nassau, Freeport, jacksonville) be prepared when they start the thrusters at 6 am as you definitely will hear them. The other noise issue occurred after leaving Nassau. There was 3 hours of loud thumps on the deck below us. Sounded like the took on supplies in Nassau and were stacking boxes down below. This was annoying since I was trying to take a nap before dinner. I've had porthole on Fascination last year on the top porthole deck and liked it. I would not book anywhere near front or rear of ship on riveria deck due to noise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yeah, this was more than movement...the whole room shook uncontrollably. If it was my only choice I would deal with it but these days I go for mid ship, lido deck. I like a little sway, not a mini earthquake.

See what I mean, it's a matter of preference and experience. I'm OK with the movement, some prefer when it doesn't move too much, and I take the vibration and noise from docking as a signal to get out. What's funny is that I chose my cabin 3 times and I went to the front, and I let them choose twice and they put me midship. The only place I'm not sure about is aftship, because of the engines.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

My first cruise was on the Fantasy and I let them choose my cabin and they gave me R1. The only nice part is there is an extra space under the porthole windows that I was able to put all my luggage so it was out of the way. The BAD part was you hear so much noise! Ecspecially when they dropped or raised the anchor! The loudest noise ever. It was such a long walk from the elevators. Not convenient at all. Still had a great time and I really didn't know any better. I thought everyone was hearing all that racket but when I would ask my fellow cruisers if they got any sleep with all the racket they had no idea what I was talking about. That's when I figured it was a bad spot on the ship to be. :(

I have never sailed forward on the Fascination, but I did sail all the way forward on the old Celebration, I believe I was in the last outside cabin at front of ship, I swear the anchor was stored next to my room. It was not bad at all, the anchor was loud when we docked in port, but it made for good alarm clock.

I have never sailed forward on the Fascination, but I did sail all the way forward on the old Celebration, I believe I was in the last outside cabin at front of ship, I swear the anchor was stored next to my room. It was not bad at all, the anchor was loud when we docked in port, but it made for good alarm clock.

If the ship docked, why was the anchor being used?

I note a lot of people mentioning the thrusters and anchor. But they only come into play after the ship has arrived and just before it leaves. I personally want to be up on deck or looking out from my balcony at that time, not asleep in bed.

That said, if you are sleep in a low forward cabin when the thrusters are being used, or worse, when the anchor is dropped, you will wake up.

Edited by Cuizer2

my only complaint from our very forward room (most forward on deck 2) on the Magic was the pounding sound and shudder of the ship from catching a wave at a bad angle every once in a while. It can be kind of startling to kiddos, or even to you if you are not expecting it.

When you are trying to fall asleep, it can startle you out of your slumber sometimes.

Other than that, it was fine.

Edited by EnTnSA

my only complaint from our very forward room (most forward on deck 2) on the Magic was the pounding sound and shudder of the ship from catching a wave at a bad angle every once in a while. It can be kind of startling to kiddos, or even to you if you are not expecting it.

When you are trying to fall asleep, it can startle you out of your slumber sometimes.

Other than that, it was fine.

I've got news for you. If a big wave makes the ship shudder, you know about it even if you are mid ship on the eighth or ninth deck.

Worst cruise ever, the ship heaved it was awful. eek:

Has anyone every sailed in Room R1 of the Fascination? It's a porthole room, but I'm kinda concerned. Would you consider upgrading the room to ocean view to get out of it? Think we will be okay? It is our first cruise after all, but I never thought we would be assigned room R1.

Has anyone ever booked a cruise and been upgraded if the ship wasn't full?

Thing is the rep who assisted me book my cruise no longer works for the company, and I have been assigned a totally different rep.

I just don't want our first cruise to be ruined due to a bad cabin assignment. Maybe the forward isn't that bad? Maybe I'm over thinking it? Maybe I'm not?

Somebody stop me (in my Jim Carey voice)!!!!!! Seriously..... anybody out there who can advise? (before I call to pay for any upgrade) ... lol

• 3 months later...
I've got news for you. If a big wave makes the ship shudder, you know about it even if you are mid ship on the eighth or ninth deck.

I know this is an old thread, but we just got off the Sunshine and had one of those new front facing scenic OVs on deck 9 (9122) and we did feel the occasional shudder from a big wave. We had almost 40MPH winds a couple days and big seas. The views were amazing up there with the big window, and the price was great. I don't think the sideways rocking was bad because we were right in the middle, but we did feel some of the other movement. It did not affect our sleep at all. Room was dark (when the electric shade was down) and mostly quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app