Have you heard of Norwegian Cruise Club?

Shelli

Each day I get many (many!) email offers of "deals" (such as Groupon). Today I got one from DealChicken for a membership in Norwegian Cruise Club. The price is $49.99 for a year, and it claims the value is $399. It says the perks include:

• 12-month full service and benefits with the Norwegian Cruise Club
  • Specially trained Travel Advisors assist in helping you choose the right ship and cabin at the lowest price
  • Receive guaranteed discounted cruise fares on NCL sailings
  • Enjoy extra amenities and services
  • Take advantage of having a team of specially trained travel advisors
  • Promotion Expires October 24, 2015
  • Average savings by cabin type:
  • Inside/outside cabin- $250 - $275 savings
  • Balcony- $325 - $425 savings
  • Suites/Havens- $800 - $1050 savings

... plus other extras like chocolate-covered strawberries, etc.

It lists a website, but I can't get in without a membership number, so it's useless for researching.

Is anyone familiar with this? I'd love to hear folks' experiences, both pros and cons.

Thanks!

Not positive, but most likely it's a scam.

If there is a Norwegian Cruise Club and membership would give you lots of extras at a great price, I'm sure many folks from CC would belong.

So if you've joined the Norwegian Cruise Club it would be great to hear your experiences............Bueller Bueller Bueller?

Thanks for the heads up:)

Edited by kcwingwalker

Doing a little internet research, this website is affiliated with Capital Marketing Concepts. Check out their Better Business Bureau ratings... it appears they have had lots of complaints regarding Deal Chicken stuff before... I would think this is a warning sign.

They don't appear to be affiliated with NCL in any way.

Beware.

These promotions advertising the huge discounts are normally comparing the current price to "rack" rates that no one ever pays. Kind of like paying sticker price for a car. If you look at the "fish" site that shows current rates, they show the "list" price for a cruise and what the current rate is.

As others have said, if this were legit, many on here would be members, first I've ever heard of them.

I think that foul odor I'm smelling is the rot of a scam. :p

Wouldn't surprise me if NCL doesn't see this thread and have their lawyers looking in to it pronto. Then I suspect it's buh-bye to the Norwegian Cruise Club.

I wonder if these jokers also have a Royal Carib. Cruise Club, Princess Cruise Club, etc.?

Not so much a scam, but a worthless club to belong to. There are lots of things like this out there in the market, and lots of people that think they are getting a good deal out of it.

Sad for sure.

Correct. My use of scam key be a bot over the top. IMHO, a worthless program that reaps little benefits.