HMC Lower numbered Cabana's

hlb76

Hello we are finally getting close to you cruise !! We are debating pro's /con's to all the cabana locations. I know most recommend cabana's more in the middle. I dont think I would like the end ones as much as I like some people watching. I'm nervous about the low numbered one's as well. Any thoughts??

My first trip to HMC isn't for 30 days yet. But we rented a Cabana so I did a fair amount of looking at various posts about them. Here's what I have determined based on everything I've read (keeping in mind of course that everyone's "opinion" of other's behavior and things in general varies)

1. Lower # cabanas will have larger crowds directly in front of them. The higher # cabanas will have fewer because fewer people want to venture that far unless they have a cabana

2. The higher up #'s are much more quiet, more like a private beach, but you won't be able to hear the music and view the lively atmosphere of the pirate ship bar nor will you be able to do much people watching.

3. The walk to the food pavillion as well as restrooms from the higher up #'s isn't really that far unless you just aren't the walking type or if you have any type of situation that makes it difficult in general to walk distances.

4. Your cabana comes with 4 floatie mats, and snorkel gear. If you dont have a cabana you have to rent them for a fee. I've read that there are many people who assume that they are just "for the taking" and will simply pull them off of the ledge of one of the cabanas to use if you don't keep an eye on them. I've also read that people will just venture into the cabanas and use the showers there, ect. Now, if someone says, "hey, can I take a look at your cabana?" I've got no problem with that. Come on in. Or if there was someone having really bad reactions to the heat, ect and needed to get out of the heat quickly to cool down for safety sake, I would tell them to get up in there and sit in front of the air conditioner. No problem!!!

That said, I saved up and paid $230.00 for the privilege of having all of these amenities and comfort. So if random people who chose NOT to pay that amount of money decide that they can just venture into my cabana and start taking things as they see fit, weeeellllll I'm gonna get a bit upset.

So it goes without saying that the more people you have in front of the cabana you pick, the higher the chance of this happening. So my thoughts are that the lower the cabana, the higher the chance for a "cabana invasion" ;) LOL Not saying it WILL, but I've read numerous posts over the last year that reference this.

5. Its usually worded as follows in various posts: if you want to be in the middle of it all and listed to the music, watch the various contests they have at the pirate ship bar and don't mind large crowds directly in front, then go lower #'s

If you want peace and tranquility, and as few people as possible as if you are all alone on the beach, and don't mind a walk then go with the higher numbers.

Hope this helps. Again, I've not been as of yet so I'm going only by what I've read on this forum over the last year or so

All good advice. Its been years since we have been. They have added the Villas and pirate bar all new since we have been there. We never had an issue when we had a cabana before but where always Mid numbers.

A little reading on the board would reveal mid numbered cabanas are near the Pirate Bar. That is a plus or minus, depending on your point of view.

Also, reading would reveal low numbered cabanas will have far more people in front of them. Again, could be a plus or minus.

The low numbered cabanas have less shade.

Yes I have read and read. I was just looking for more personal experiences and more recent experiences. I hear its loud near the pirate bar. Was hoping someone would say how loud. Example It was so loud we could not hold a conversation while in our Cabana.

I was just looking for more current feedback. Thanks

• 4 months later...
Hello we are finally getting close to you cruise !! We are debating pro's /con's to all the cabana locations. I know most recommend cabana's more in the middle. I dont think I would like the end ones as much as I like some people watching. I'm nervous about the low numbered one's as well. Any thoughts??

hlb76~ How did it work out with the cabanas??? I was just reading the thread, which was very helpful and would love to know what you thought.

Thanks!