Yoga

BOOGIENITES

Hi Boogienites:

My husband and I did take the Yoga class on the QM2 July 5th crossing. This is what I know- there were Yoga mats available in the room where the class was held. There didn't seem to be much floor space in the gym. All Yoga classes were held in the Knightsbridge Room on Deck 1, by Stairway C. The class was good, but only about 35/40 minutes which was too short in my opinion. We are glad that we went.

For our cruise, we sailed on the 5th of July and classes were offered as follows:

July 6th:

8:15am "Canyon Ranch Yoga Basics"

9am Canyon Ranch Pilates Mat Class

5:15 Canyon Ranch Restorative Yoga

July 7th:

9am Canyon Ranch Pilates Mat Class

10:15am Canyon Ranch Yoga Sun Salutations

July 8th;

8:15am Canyon Ranch Pilates Mat class

10:15am Canyon Ranch Balanced Yoga

3:15 Canyon Ranch Yoga Basics

July 9th:

8:15am Canyon Ranch Pilates Mat Class

3:15 Yoga for Everyone

July 10th:

9am Pilates

10:15 Yoga Basics

Just keep in mind that if you are on an eastbound crossing, the mornings get earlier and earlier, as you set the clock ahead an hour each day. I could not personally get myself to the early classes by the end of the crossing. Also there were other "Canyon Ranch" Fitness classes, all held down in that Knightsbridge Room (Upper and Lower Body Workouts, Aerobics, Posture & Balance, Totally Tubing, Breathe & Relax, etc).

Hope this helps-

-Jill

J Lind.....I understand that there is a daily fee to use the Canyon Ranch facilities if you aren't having a service, but do you know if there is just a class fee for yoga if you only wanted to take only that?

Also, I've taken yoga on other cruises and it was VERY basic but still pretty nice to do it on the beach. How basic is basic? Are any of the other yoga classes a little more advanced? I'm used to Ashtanga, that is a great workout.

AMPM:

The Canyon Ranch classes that I detailed above in this thread are all offered at no additional expense. There are many different classes each day, and all of the classes are at no additional cost. As far as the level of the Yoga classes, I have no false pretenses of being a Yoga expert- I think that classes may seem basic to you. Notetheless, you have nothing to lose in giving it a try!

-Jill

Hi LuAnn-

All of the Canyon Ranch classes I listed above in this thread are offered at no additional cost. The gym is also open to everyone at no additional expense.

The Canyon Ranch classes are at no additional expense, but the Canyon Ranch Spa services are at an additional fee. For your convenience, here are the links to the Spa services and to the Spa price list:

http://www.canyonranch.com/spaclubs...s/qm2_guide.pdf for services, and http://www.canyonranch.com/spaclubs...fs/qm2_menu.pdf for prices.

~Jill

Archived