How Much Liquor Can I Bring Onboard?

CruiserTarheel

Not sure what that has to do with bringing alcohol on the ship?

My post was in response to the quoted posting about rumrunners instead of getting bottles to the ship in luggage. I don't think a bottle would make it through x-ray screening at the airport without being STOLEN. I wasn't talking about taking it on board. :-)

Don, think taking the booze from your home airport in your checked baggage and that it all goes thru X-Ray with the possibility of handlers seeing whats in there and the TSA people who might just open your case legally and never know what might magically disappear.

Oh. Since I never travel with booze, that never occurred to me. We use carryons exclusively (except for the world cruise) and could not pack liquids, besides they weigh too much. We always buy what alcohol we bring aboard in local ports, or in the case of Miami departures, drive to the port.

This was a discussion of bringing alcohol onto Oceania, regardless of how you got it to the port. Unlike other cruise lines that allow a limited amount at embarkation but do not allow alcohol at any other port, the freedom to bring alcohol aboard Oceania extends to every port, which tends to tender flight woes to a lesser importance.

Some time ago we got a couple of bottle carriers from a place called "Bottle wise" in Wisconsin USA. They are fantastic. We pack wine and eaux de vie from here to take to our friend in Miami Beach and are planning to get a couple of bottles of Goslings Dark Rum from our stop in Bermuda to bring home. TSA has not interfered with our wine/spirits so far BUT they did cut BOTH TSA locks on our golf bags last February - I was really annoyed as those locks are expensive. And really! Golf clubs? Couldn't they see from the x-Ray that they really were clubs???

BUT they did cut BOTH TSA locks on our golf bags last February - I was really annoyed as those locks are expensive. And really! Golf clubs? Couldn't they see from the x-Ray that they really were clubs???

Being a golfer myself, I think I understand why they cut the locks. Speaking from my own experience, I know the way that I swing a 3 iron it can be considered a dangerous weapon, and the TSA would be doing me a great service if they just confiscated it. :D