Question about SC suite 2nd bedroom on the Jade

jolgro

Does anyone knows what the seize is of the couchbed in the second bedroom, when he is completely made up

So how long and how wide. In Europe for example a small 2person bed is 140 x 200. But we use meters. I know most of you use inches, thans fine too, there will be plenty off converters to find.

Can 2 adults sleep on it? Or are we " broken" at the end op the cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry, I don't have 'first hand' info for you. However, the description of the cabin states that it can hold up to 6 people.

I think the lower bed in the second bedroom can comfortably hold one or two (small) people or children and there is a pull down bed from the ceiling (usually) that can hold another person.

And there is a very large sofa in the living that I'm sure converts to a bed.

Hope this helps. :o

I don't have the specific dimensions, but it's similar to what we refer to as a double bed, which is 137cm X 191cm. Maybe a bit smaller.

Also the previous poster is correct- the room sleeps six like this:

2 in the Master Bedroom (queen size bed, larger than the double, great for 2 adults)

3 in the small bedroom (2 in the double bed, then there is also a single bunk that folds down if needed from the wall- above the double bed)

1 on the couch in the living room that converts to a single bed.

they are great rooms- 2 full baths, plenty of space, nice balcony.

Edited by rjm11

the bed can handle two adults, sort of

If they are large, it may not work.

If you can make it work, it is a great suite. 2nd bedroom has door. MBR has door. Living area has a 4 top table and couch and chair. Nice setup for multiple people.

Thans for the info.

Does anyone stayed in one of those rooms with 4 adults?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have... albeit on it's sister ship the Gem... It was very nice! So much so that the same 4 of us are doing it again next year on the Star...

We have... albeit on it's sister ship the Gem... It was very nice! So much so that the same 4 of us are doing it again next year on the Star...

Thanks cliffd64, how was sleaping for 2 of the adults in the second bedroom?

We are thinking of taking my parents with us ( both 75+) Can they sleep without muscle and back pain:D:D

My husband is 1.95 = 6.4 ft . I don't think he can fit in that room

I wouldn't put your parents on that second room bed unless they are unsually hardy and fit for 75. If your really wanting the two bedroom I'd put your parents in the main room and you all in the second room. You can try you and your husband fitting in the double but with how tall your husband is one of you will probably want to sleep on the pull down or the couch.

The bed opens up to something like a double or queen size which can comfortably fit 2 adults. I shared that room with my sis & bro-in-law on the Jewel once while my parents took the master...worth it for the perks. I've had the small room to myself on the Gem and it was the same size. People talk about it taking up all the room when made up but who's having a dance party in there anyway? You use the small room for sleeping and changing clothes and then have the living room to spread out in.

Edited by khaide612

We were on the Jewel last month and had 4 adults in this category. My parents are in their 80's and this was going to be their last cruise so we put them in the master bedroom and DH and I took the second bedroom.

The bed is a double and it was very comfortable. DH is 6 foot and I'm a whopping 5 foot 2. We had no troubles whatsoever.

We loved this suite.

We've had the two bedroom suite on several ships, including on the Jade. Our kids are fine in the second bedroom.

I think the foldout couch in the smaller bedroom would be challenging for older people. I've found that bed to be uncomfortable and I've never measured it, but it feels a little smaller than a double to me. Of course, the upper bunk is usually down, so everything feels a little more cramped. However, the queen in the master is great!

If you're driving to the port, perhaps, you could bring a topper for the second bedroom. Also the steward can sometimes put on egg crate topper on for you. I would give my parents the queen in the master and take the smaller bedroom.