port everglades cab

cruise6

Also recommend taking a cab. Paid $10 plus tip for 4 people. We had carry-on bags on the plane, so we were allowed to carry them on the ship ourselves instead of waiting for them to be delivered to the room. (You can't if they are larger...they won't fit through the xray machine in the terminal.)

Agreed- ten bucks will do it.

But if you've got time to kill I highly recommend an Everglades tour after the cruise. BC's Express does it right giving you a van at your disposal for four hours after the cruise. He'll pick you up and take you to the Everglades (admission included) then take you whereever you want to go. I suggest a stop by the beach and Primanti Brothers Pizza or shopping on Las Olas Blvd. I think it's $45 for that. Makes for a great transition from cruise life to real life.

Depending on how many people and how much luggage - I hardly think that 4 people with luggage can fit in one cab - try http://www.bcsexpress.com for $6pp - call him he does not respond very quickly to e mails.

Ron

Well, there were 4 of us and we certainly had luggage. (Perhaps you didn't read the post above yours before you added yours.)

Yes, I read it - you must travel light.

Ron

I don't know how many women with teenage daughters travel light, but I guess you do.

And we could have taken TWO cabs and paid less than you pay for 4 on the van you recommend.

Just remembered something. Going from Port Everglades to the airport, my daughter and I shared a cab with our tablemates (a couple on their honeymoon). The husband was 6'8". Yes, they had luggage too.

I don't know how many women with teenage daughters travel light, but I guess you do.

And we could have taken TWO cabs and paid less than you pay for 4 on the van you recommend.

Hey - go with whatever fits - I know that one cab would be full with just me and DW.

Anyway BC is very reliable and an all around good guy.

Ron

I know Red Hook is in Brooklyn and Brooklyn is close to Manhattan.

We are looking at staying at the Marriott in Brooklyn because it's close to the 3 and 4 trains. What is the surrounding neighborhood like and the Borough Hall subway station - especially at night.

I'd help you out with Seattle if you were going on an Alaska cruise. I know there are certain places to stay away from at night - there are in the Seattle area too.

I just didn't want to bore everyone else in this thread with this stuff.

Marlin

Marlin Mike, I think the smiley face in cruise 6's post may be an indication that he is just joking around a little. And if he doesn't help you out I am sure someone else will. You may also want to post your question in the United States section of the ports portion of this site. Really most of the folks around here aren't nasty at all. :)

Archived