St Lucia excursions

Hi

Im looking to book a tour on land on St Lucia,I see quite a few people recommending Cosol tour,can anyone let me know how long you are on the bus between stops?

Or can you recommend another trip?

Thanks

wolf7

I can recommend Cosol tours. They picked us up at the port around 8am and dropped us back around 4pm. They make several stops throughout the day at different places and stop for lunch at a local cafe where they provide local food - the banana cake was deliceous! The mini-buses hold about 12 people but there were only 8 of us on our trip so you aren't waiting for the usual latecomers. There are cold drinks included and they don't let you off until all the rum punch has gone - ha! During the afternoon they took us to a lovely beach that is not accessible to the large coaches.

A really good trip.

I can recommend Cosol tours. They picked us up at the port around 8am and dropped us back around 4pm. They make several stops throughout the day at different places and stop for lunch at a local cafe where they provide local food - the banana cake was deliceous! The mini-buses hold about 12 people but there were only 8 of us on our trip so you aren't waiting for the usual latecomers. There are cold drinks included and they don't let you off until all the rum punch has gone - ha! During the afternoon they took us to a lovely beach that is not accessible to the large coaches.

A really good trip.

Yes it's quite a varied trip. We spent some time 45 mins(?) at a small but very pretty and peaceful Botanical Garden, plus a visit to the Soufriere Volcano (steaming/smoky but small -not up a mountain) also to get to the beach we had a water taxi transfer. so there is quite a bit of time doing things off the minibus in addition to eating! I think we spent an hour at the beach - we had a swim there. It was an excellent day and great value too.

Yes, as others have said, Cosol Tours are good, we went with them last January from Ventura.

Booked online before leaving the UK.

We have found that you get a better experience and value using a recommended local tour rather than a ship's tour but the local tour is, usually, all day.

Thing is, the local tour operators understand the power of the Internet and that their business could be killed by bad reviews.

Then, there's the rum punch liberally dispensed, oh dear, I want to be there again, the Caribbean, probably my favourite place in this world.

Thanks

Ive sent them an e mail today confirmed with Cosol tours.

That's all the first week sorted just to sort out what to do in Barbados on the Sunday before second week may just have a day on the beach saw a lot of people say boatyard or Lobsters Alive its also my birthday so a chill day will be great?

thanks again

wolf7.

Thanks

Ive sent them an e mail today confirmed with Cosol tours.

That's all the first week sorted just to sort out what to do in Barbados on the Sunday before second week may just have a day on the beach saw a lot of people say boatyard or Lobsters Alive its also my birthday so a chill day will be great?

thanks again

wolf7.

Sure you'll enjoy your Cosol trip wolf. Bridgetown is quiet on Sundays - quite a lot of the place is shut down. So a chill beach day sounds like a good plan. It's easy to get to Carlisle Bay - the Boatyard is at the near end to the port and it is walkable although you might prefer to get a taxi. A little further a field is Accra beach which we loved. We actually caught the local bus from the bus station in the centre of town, just over the bridge on the left. Iirc I'd found the Sunday timetable on-line beforehand.

Whatever you choose to do - have a great birthday. (The beach bars all seem to do pretty good - and strong rum concoctions - might be tempted to sample a few ;))

Edited by kruzseeka