Beds, beds, beds....

For the life of me, I can't figure out why anyone would sail with RCCL. They have absolutely the WORST beds afloat. Small, lumpy and basically just not comfortable. Both HAL and Carnival have FULL size twins, that convert to FULL size King in every cabin. I only had to take 1 cruise on RCCL to know this was not the cruiseline for me. I found my cabin to be dirty and public areas also dirty. Food was almost unedible. I don't get it. How do they stay in usiness?

;) Just returned with dh from a 14 day Mediterranean cruise on the Legend of the Seas out of southampton, Uk. This is one of RCCL older ships but she was absolutely beautiful and kept immaculate. All hours of the day and night, crew were visibly cleaning..handrails, bathrooms,tables,replacing food on the buffets..even when only half was used...Antiseptic hand gel was applied throughout the ship. Every time you entered the Windjammer cafe, came onboard the ship from ashore..you were requested to wipe your hands with the gel. An assistant was at hand to supervise...and in every public restroom the gel was also present. The cabin and all public areas were spotless. Not a sign of dirt or spills anywhere. The decks were pressure cleaned more than once on our trip..and the food was very good and offered plenty of choice. Crowds are inevitable on cruises to warm climates..ours was full to capacity..and the pool deck was packed..as were most deck chairs. The majority of these a result of inconsiderate passengers who hogged them for hours with their belongings, and yet seldom sat on them. A simple walk around the decks normally found me a spot somewhere to sit and we had a lovely, spacious library..I do agree with you on one thing..the beds weren't comfortable. but fellow passengers who had been on various lines, had said there's weren't either. Hal I am sure are very good ships, not the sort I would enjoy,but obviously a preference of yours.. However, they are Very Much More EXPENSIVE..so in fairness..you certainly SHOULD get Better Service, Space, Whatever. I feel there must have been SOMETHING that you enjoyed on your cruise with RCCL, or why would you consider it at all...dh or not. If it was a total failure..you'd write it off. On the otherhand, you just might like to complain or like ruining someone elses hopes of a pleasant cruise with your total negative responses. :confused: I sincerely hope that's not the case..;)

;) Just returned with dh from a 14 day Mediterranean cruise on the Legend of the Seas out of southampton, Uk. This is one of RCCL older ships but she was absolutely beautiful and kept immaculate. All hours of the day and night, crew were visibly cleaning..handrails, bathrooms,tables,replacing food on the buffets..even when only half was used...Antiseptic hand gel was applied throughout the ship. Every time you entered the Windjammer cafe, came onboard the ship from ashore..you were requested to wipe your hands with the gel. An assistant was at hand to supervise...and in every public restroom the gel was also present. The cabin and all public areas were spotless. Not a sign of dirt or spills anywhere. The decks were pressure cleaned more than once on our trip..and the food was very good and offered plenty of choice. Crowds are inevitable on cruises to warm climates..ours was full to capacity..and the pool deck was packed..as were most deck chairs. The majority of these a result of inconsiderate passengers who hogged them for hours with their belongings, and yet seldom sat on them. A simple walk around the decks normally found me a spot somewhere to sit and we had a lovely, spacious library..I do agree with you on one thing..the beds weren't comfortable. but fellow passengers who had been on various lines, had said there's weren't either. Hal I am sure are very good ships, not the sort I would enjoy,but obviously a preference of yours.. However, they are Very Much More EXPENSIVE..so in fairness..you certainly SHOULD get Better Service, Space, Whatever. I feel there must have been SOMETHING that you enjoyed on your cruise with RCCL, or why would you consider it at all...dh or not. If it was a total failure..you'd write it off. On the otherhand, you just might like to complain or like ruining someone elses hopes of a pleasant cruise with your total negative responses. :confused: I sincerely hope that's not the case..;)

Glad to hear that cleanliness is such a priority.

Archived