NCL Breakaway

tallvine

just booked a spa mini-suite on the Breakaway for May 2015 - the Bermuda trip. so excited! I read many negative reviews and started to get discouraged but then decided to go with an open mind and get excited as I'm sure it will be great ( hey no work, cooking or cleaning for a week!!! ) the last time we cruised NCL was on the SS Norway in 1995 - I'm sure alot has changed w/ NCL since then! would love to hear from recent guests

I also just returned and enjoyed the "large ship" much more than I thought I would.

While there was definitely a crowd at the pool we got Vibe passes. Never really noticed over-crowding anywhere else. Go towards the aft in the buffet and there was never a line/congestion.

There was so much to see and do and we probably didn't get to 1/2 of what we wanted to ( I'm booked again for next Sept).

The Waterfront was an awesome place for dinner. Water slide were so fun. Ice bar was a hoot.

I like the bathroom configuration better than Jewel class. Color and decor were very pleasing. The usual great friendly NCL service.

Cirque was a tad too long and music a touch too loud (I usually go to rock concerts, so enjoy loud music but this was unnecessary)

Comedy was fun and the smaller venues music/singing was very nice.

678 wasn't so much smokey per se but had that old stale cigarette smell like it permeated the rugs/fabric.

Bermuda is, of course, a dream destination!!!

Hi

We were on in July. Loved the ship and Bermuda so much we are going again in June.

Have after dinner drinks on the waterfront.

Hang out in Spice H2O during the day.

Like someone said before, it's hard to get to do all of it. Great excuse to go again ;)

Have fun!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

just booked a spa mini-suite on the Breakaway for May 2015 - the Bermuda trip. so excited! I read many negative reviews and started to get discouraged but then decided to go with an open mind and get excited as I'm sure it will be great ( hey no work, cooking or cleaning for a week!!! ) the last time we cruised NCL was on the SS Norway in 1995 - I'm sure alot has changed w/ NCL since then! would love to hear from recent guests

Hi,

We will be cruising the Breakaway for the first time this May in a spa suite, too!:) I also started getting a bit apprehensive when I saw a lot of negatives being thrown around regarding the ship, but then I reminded myself that 'your attitude determines your altitude'. We are friendly, feel good, make the most of life kind of people. So, we threw out the negative-nelly reviews and determined we set the pace for our vacation and we won't let other people's opinions scare us away or make us lose out on the pre-cruise excitement. Now we are spending time making sure to do our due-diligence to know how to overcome or be prepared for some of the common negatives (i.e. crowding around the pools, food quality, nickel & diming). If you do your research, you will know what to expect and won't be daunted or surprised...and probably have an incredible, awesome, outstanding time :D

I sailed the Breakaway last year in an aft-facing penthouse and I must say I loved the ship and Bermuda. I think that the negative posts are very misleading and the reason you see them so often is that unhappy customers are the ones that shout the loudest. I know you will love the ship and cruise and would not hesitate for a second worrying about negative posts. In fact, I just booked the sea room for next June. Have a great cruise.

Thank you for your review and great pictures. Like you, I love the Jewel Class ships.

I remember Julie from the Pearl, Arvin and Emily, who kept us entertained on the Spirit, and Impac, who was the pool and club band on the Dawn in the spring of 2013. They were fantastic.

We are thinking about doing Bermuda again next summer, but it will be on the Dawn out of Boston. It's a smaller older ship, but there is no need to make ressies for the complimentary shows and MDR dinners.