Flight from San Juan

joschwin

You probably will not get off the ship until 8:30 at the very earliest - so - you would have to transfer to the airport at several times faster than the speed of light - or - have access to the Delorean from "Back to the Future"

Ron

I guess my generation uses emoticons to express what otherwise would have been conveyed in words.

:eek: = Did you really ask that?

:rolleyes: = You gotta be kidding?

:confused: = What were you thinking?

(Or, insert whatever sentiments you think the emoticon conveys.) :rolleyes:

I guess my generation uses emoticons to express what otherwise would have been conveyed in words.

:eek: = Did you really ask that?

:rolleyes: = You gotta be kidding?

:confused: = What were you thinking?

(Or, insert whatever sentiments you think the emoticon conveys.) :rolleyes:

I'm sorry - but - I still do not understand - the OP was asking if they could make an 8:30 flight out of San Juan - your answer was entirely obscure - again - sorry if I did not not understand your "emoticons" - the purpose of this board is to help people - not confuse them!!

Ron

I flew out of San Juan in March and it took me almost 2 hours to get through the line to get checked in then to get through security. Our flight wasn't until 230 and we were disembarked from the ship at 10:30.

My recommendation is find a later flight if you can cause otherwise the risk is extremely high you will not make the flight if it is at 8am.

I'm sorry - but - I still do not understand - the OP was asking if they could make an 8:30 flight out of San Juan - your answer was entirely obscure - again - sorry if I did not not understand your "emoticons" - the purpose of this board is to help people - not confuse them!!

Ron

Then I apologize, Ron. Think of it as a generational miscommunication. There are times when I do not understand my parents and grandparents, either.

cheers

I will never try to fly out of San Juan the same day as returning from a cruise again. San Juan airport is nothing short of chaos on the weekends.

Mike

The airport is not that bad if you take an earlier flight. We took an 11:00 to 11:30 flight to Miami the day we got off the Golden on 10/31/04 and it was painless. I went and showed my plane tickets and we were in the first group to get off the ship, got a porter to help with the bags who in turn got us a cab and we were at the airport quickly. Lines for check in and security weren't bad at all early in the am and we had plenty of time to have coffee and read prior to boarding the plane.

Having never done this is it possible to think that I could make a 8AM flight out of San Juan. How realistic would this be?
Unrealistic. Your chances are absolutely zip.

The ship may dock at 6AM, but it has to be cleared by the Port Authorities and Immigration which usually takes anywhere from 1 - 3 hours. It's possible that the ship may start disembarking at 8AM, but that would be the absolute earliest if everything goes well.

Not only do you have to wait for everyone on board to clear Immigration before you're allowed to get off the ship but you also have to go through Customs, get to the airport, go through security, etc., etc. It's not at all unusual for some people who haven't turned in their immigration forms and they have to be tracked down and the forms submitted and cleared before anyone can leave.

As you can see, it's an impossibility to make an 8:30AM flight. Even a 10:30AM flight would be really pushing it. You really don't want to book anything before 11:30AM so you don't go through anxiety attacks about whether you'll make your flight.

I agree with the other posters that you would not make that early a flight. Our experience (2 times) was this is not the most organized airport to say the least. I would definitely book a much, much later flight (11:30am at the very least).

Hope this helps, we loved San Juan but my husband said it would be a long, long time before he wanted to attempt the airport again.

Archived