Cabin square footage?

PinotBlanc

For the two of us it's all about the balcony and ease to the steps/elevators (we are 69 and 67-knees don't work like they used to)! The room is for sleeping, a shower and dressing/re-dressing for dinner. Why pay big bucks for a hotel room? Book a Marriott if that is what you want.

I'm going to find out. :)

More cruises, less space. I think we'll be OK. :)

More cruises, less space is our philosophy too. After 46 years of marriage we are used to being together, and we would sooner be together in 180 sq. ft. on a cruise ship than, as another poster said, in 3000sq. ft. on land.

We have cruised in inside, outside and balcony cabins and are happy in any of them. If we chose suites, we could only cruise once a year, not the three times we can do by selecting the cabin we want for the specific itinerary. With only a couple of sea days, an inside is fine. More sea days, particularly in a warm climate justify a balcony. We definitely don't subscribe to the idea that once you have had a balcony you can never go back to an inside.

Sheila

We're comfortable in about 160 sq feet...have done far less on trains, river cruises, norway coast cruises. The last thing I want is huge space....I enjoy meeting people, taking part in activities and eating in the various venues, socializing.

Heck...if I wanted to stay in my cabin, I might as well stay home and have 3000 sq ft overlooking boats and water :) We have no reason to book a suite (that may change with the new dining room)....we're perfectly happy with aqua or even a non obstructed view, quiet veranda on Celebrity ships. As far as "status", our friends seem to fixate on the number of cruises we do and where we've been (we travel a good deal) rather than what type of cabin we have (actually, they never care).

Different for us as we always cruise with friends who are all over the ship. Every evening we have drinks in someones cabin pre dinner. Not everyone has a drink package etc so as long as I can get 10 people in the cabin I am happy. I don't think 160 sqft would work for us lol