Hotel in Fort Lauderdale

Kruznut

I was wondering if any of you have done a pre-cruise or post-cruise stay at the Bahia Mar Resort ? If so, what opinion do you have of this place. Any information you might have to share would be appreciated.

We stayed at the Bahia in both January and February of this year. We really enjoyed it and will return for future pre cruise stays. It's in a great location, has a walkway over the road to the beach. There is also a deli on the property that is great - they'll make you fresh deli sandwiches, also have salads, bagels and breakfast sandwiches for the am. It's home to the water taxis and the Jungle Queen tour boat.

Anything you'd like to know - just ask.

We stayed there last April before our Star Princess cruise. Truly, that was the first and last time we will stay there. Have always stayed at the Renaissance and thought this would be fun and something different. Was really quite disappointed with the hotel. When we got there I pulled out my Radisson points card to be told that the day before, March 31, they had left the Radisson chain. Oh well, no points, so no big deal. There were 3 of us, so we go to our room and it is just a king bed, nothing else. So back to the desk. Next room the same thing, I'm beginning to wonder what we have done. Finally got a room with 2 queen beds, but it was just a disappointment. Nothing really around it to walk to, although the water taxi is right near by. I just never felt like the room was really that clean either.

I really hate to sound negative about this place. I'm sure there are a lot of people that must really like it, but we will go back to the Renaissance next time we are in Ft. Lauderdale or something in that area and equivalent to it.

Good luck on your hotel choice.

We stayed there pre-cruise in April. It was our first time too. I would reccommend it only if you stay in the main tower. DO NOT stay in the marina tower. It is old and not kept up very well. Although you have an awesome view of the marina and can see the port. It is clean, however I would stay in the main tower.

We got the hotel on Priceline.com for $80.00 for the night for 4 (2 adults - 2 children). It is 3 star in the beach zone.

We walked up the street a couple of blocks (it felt great to stretch our legs) to Pusser's on the Beach. It was really good.

Good luck

I thank all of you for your opinions. We have stayed at the Marriott Marina, Renaissance, Ameri-Suites just to name a few and i just thought we would try the Bahia Mar Resort for our pre-cruise stay in a couple of months.

Since you mentioned Ameri-suites......how was it? We will be staying there next month.

What are the chances that they'll shuffle all of us (about 15 or so) to the ship on the day we sail? Anything else we should know about this hotel?

Traci28, We liked the Ameri-Suites and they did provide shuttle service to the pier. We did priceline this time and got a little cheaper deal through them for the Bahia Mar and i was just wondering what should we expect there.

THank you Kruznut. It's good to know I won't have to beg for a ride to the ship :). We were able to get a group rate for Amerisuites since there will be so many of us, but in the future, I plan on using Priceline for just my family.

Archived