Silly guarantee question

gacruiser

I got my moms inside cabin upgraded from an assigned room to a ov guarantee, however she has now said she wants to be near an elavator no matter what kind of cabin is assigned. If she is assigned a OV cabin not near a elavator, will Carnival allow the cabin to be donwngraded back to a inside cabin near an elavator? Cabins have not been assigned as of yet for 15Nov cruise. Please no lectures about taking a guarantee cabin. :)

Rooms near elevators are the hardest to sell. That's probably what she'll get with a guarantee.

I purposely book near elevators. I hate that looonnnng walk down corridors and can get oriented pretty fast by elevator locations. Never had any issue with noise. :)

I don't believe you would be able to downgrade after you receive a cabin assignment. After final payment Carnival isn't going to give money back for a downgrade, so I think you would be out of luck there. The problem with a guaranty cabin is that you are agreeing to any cabin in the category you booked, so Carnival can give you the best or the worst cabin as it's their choice.

As far as near the elevator cabins are concerned, just take a look at the deck plans and the person posting that they don't sell well can see that usually they are among the first to be sold. Many of us, including DH and me, prefer to be near an elevator as it is far more convenient.

With a little luck she will get a cabin that will work for her. Good luck.

My last few cruises have been by elevators. 7409 or 7411. And never had a problem with noise

Same here - probably a half-dozen cruises near the atrium elevators and never an issue with noise. In fact probably less running-down-the hall noise as the running slows/stops near the elevators. Purposely book every cruise there now.

Leon

My recommendation is...... don't book a guarantee if you want something specific..... You MAY get lucky but you will generally get the least desirable location........ above the disco, below the pool deck, etc. I also prefer being near elevators and have typically found that if I book late, I won't find a cabin near the elevators because they are popular. Once it is assigned, you are stuck unless they make an exception. Good luck with whatever you do.

I got my moms inside cabin upgraded from an assigned room to a ov guarantee, however she has now said she wants to be near an elavator no matter what kind of cabin is assigned. If she is assigned a OV cabin not near a elavator, will Carnival allow the cabin to be donwngraded back to a inside cabin near an elavator? Cabins have not been assigned as of yet for 15Nov cruise. Please no lectures about taking a guarantee cabin. :)

Right now prices are a little higher for our nov 24th sailing. Check for your sale date, you maybe able to go back to a "pick your room" Ocean view scenario for what you paid for the ocean view guarantee.

2nd option is to call in and explain that mom is now very afraid and needs to be near an elevator, maybe you can "upgrade" to that category (6A,6B, 6C) for no fee.

Good Luck.