One thing, you just don't want to miss on a cruise?

Dunderess

A view from the gym (MSC Divina):

1_zps86a4604f.jpg~original

if there is a way to take unflattering picture on msc, you do it, that picture was taken while sitting on the floor the handrails are waist high

I feel bad for the original poster, first cruise and you have planted seeds of doubt.

to the original poster, the Prezosia is a beautiful European ship, enjoy your cruise!

That nice picture above was taken to show how sun light was playing with the sea and the glass.

As a picture is worth a 1000 words, you also can see what forward views from the gym look like.

Another picture (while standing):

2_zpsfb12d8d9.jpg~original

I have given the OP an advice on how to get best views of Venice possible from MSC Fantasia class ships (what I would do myself if I were there).:)

Edited by cruisetrail

I think the best view is from the air. Here is MSC Fantasia leaving Venice shortly after we parted. The Grand Canal is the inverted S in the middle.

san54.jpg

Tim.

Love that photo!

Is that the Galaxy Restaurant Alex???

I was just about to say I'm surprised at you Mike when you said that it looks like the Top Sail Lounge. You've since edited your post and, in the meantime, I figure you were trying to say that it looks similar.

Bytheway, it is the Galaxy.

I was just about to say I'm surprised at you Mike when you said that it looks like the Top Sail Lounge. You've since edited your post and, in the meantime, I figure you were trying to say that it looks similar.

Bytheway, it is the Galaxy.

You are correct Bea!!! It hit me once I looked at the picture again. I've only seen the Galaxy Restaurant once but have been to The Top Sail Lounge quite a few times, so the glass wall threw me a little bit.;)

I tried the Galaxy on my recent cruise - I had the rack of lamb, DH had the turbot. It was divine!!

TBH what made it more special was the fact that it was complimentary - compensation to us for an oversight by MSC :p

Hoping to have another freebie on my Sept next Divina trip as I should be Black Card level by then :D

Yes, Venice either leaving or arriving, if it isn't foggy. Go freelance (no organised tour) in Istanbul, wander the backstreets and finish with a hamam (Turkish bath). The buskers of Dubrovnik - most of very fine music students. wander down to the old port. Ephesus (from Izmir) is a must - possibly the finest ancient site in the World. Be up early and on deck to see Venice at her most beautiful as you return. Don't forget the ship - some quality time aboard while others are ashore can be a highlight too. Lunch in the MDR on a port day, a jacuzzi before breakfast, cocktails on the stern for a private sail away, a daily visit for something different at the Vitamin Bar, freshly squeezed orange juice and a Marochino with breakfast .....

Just remember...the itinerary is irrelevant.

p.s. Obviously the #1 thing not to miss is... the ship as it sails out to sea.

Edited by pmacher61

Just remember...the itinerary is irrelevant.

p.s. Obviously the #1 thing not to miss is... the ship as it sails out to sea.

Ideally visit all of these destinations in your own time. A cruise can only give a passing glimpse. I don't think I need to be criticised for saying this.

Ideally visit all of these destinations in your own time. A cruise can only give a passing glimpse.

What you say is very true, Tim, but I've seen places I never would have managed to visit were it not for cruises. Granted, they are only "passing glimpses" but, better that than never experiencing them at all.

For some, the itinerary is one of the most important aspects, for others the ship is the destination and for still others it's a combination. I've chosen cruises based on all three considerations but my biggest one is PRICE & VALUE, haha which, when it comes to it, MSC wins hands down against all the other lines.

If you like dancing, go after the first show has been to the Safari Lounge. No need for a partner, as four guys from the entertainment team will look after you. They are great fun and do a lot of group dancing as well.

If you like dancing, go after the first show has been to the Safari Lounge. No need for a partner, as four guys from the entertainment team will look after you. They are great fun and do a lot of group dancing as well.

I think that comment may be ship-specific (the Preziosa?) ... and perhaps to women?

I couldn't agree more - the Entertainment team made my cruise. They give dancing lessons at around 8.30pm (I think) - it's like a form of line-dancing then they'll use the moves later when the bands play.

The Safari Lounge is the place to be for the theme nights -White Night, 60's, 70's

& 80's night when the Entertainment team dress up and really crank up the atmosphere.

Tim, the OP is sailing on Preziosa so I suppose people are suggesting things specific to that ship for that reason. Also, the Entertainment team don't discriminate; it's made up of males and females. My husband was the butt of many of their antics.

There also were many men who joined in the "line-dancing" which, I'd like to add, wasn't the typical country music type. It was more like Samba & ChaCha steps kept very simple and great fun.

Edited by Beamafar