Black tie hire.....returning it help.

mmlives

Hi, I am off on my very first cruise on 31st October with my new husband & can't wait! Third husband & finally get to go on a cruise :-D Please can someone help me with the following: we will be hiring his black tie & have been told two different things about returning it....the p&o site says we can leave it on the boat at the end of our hol but the link to the black tie site says it is collected from our home address.....I am hoping it can be left behind as need the luggage space for gifts. If we have to lug it all the way home too I may have to tip it overboard ;-) must remember to extract hubby first though! Thank you!

Hi, I am off on my very first cruise on 31st October with my new husband & can't wait! Third husband & finally get to go on a cruise :-D Please can someone help me with the following: we will be hiring his black tie & have been told two different things about returning it....the p&o site says we can leave it on the boat at the end of our hol but the link to the black tie site says it is collected from our home address.....I am hoping it can be left behind as need the luggage space for gifts. If we have to lug it all the way home too I may have to tip it overboard ;-) must remember to extract hubby first though! Thank you!

Sorry I can't help but I did enjoy reading your post.

You might find it cheaper to buy your own from somewhere like M&S or even Matalan. Very reasonble prices and you can use it again on your next cruise! I know that you will still have to transport it but they are fairly lightweight these days. I bought my first one from ebay for £4 + £3.50p&p. An abolsute bargain that stood me a couple of cruises. Worth a look;)

Phil

You might find it cheaper to buy your own from somewhere like M&S or even Matalan. Very reasonble prices and you can use it again on your next cruise! I know that you will still have to transport it but they are fairly lightweight these days. I bought my first one from ebay for £4 + £3.50p&p. An abolsute bargain that stood me a couple of cruises. Worth a look;)

Phil

That's where I was heading, was just waiting for the OP to confirm the hire cost.

Thanks for your replies. ......the p&o hire is about £70 which includes the shoes too......I hadn't thought about buying one I must confess! What an ebay bargain - worth getting a bit crumpled for that!

Just looked on P&O site and it seems that you have to carry your suit on board and take it back with you, all for the price of £59.95 and it is collected from your home. You do get two shirts a bow tie and cufflinks though;)

Phil

Thanks for your replies. ......the p&o hire is about £70 which includes the shoes too......I hadn't thought about buying one I must confess! What an ebay bargain - worth getting a bit crumpled for that!

I'm sure that M&S did the suit without shoes cheaper than this last year.

And - if you buy one there is NO excuse for no more cruises ;);)

M&S outlets have them for less than £50, you could always leave it onboard at the end of your cruise.

At least then you can get the right fit. I'm not sure how extensive the hire collection is, what if they dont have the right size or it just doesnt hang right on the hubby and looks a dogs a***?

Phil

And how handsome you looked Phil. you looked like a million $ ;)

My hubby's last M&S tux had mysteriously shrunk in the wardrobe so we passed it on to a neighbour. I was shopping locally and did a double take at the window of a charity shop which was displaying an identical suit. I went in and found it was indeed an identical M&S tux but in one size bigger, immaculate. It cost £9.99 and has been worn ever since!

What an enjoyable thread! My hubby, being an unusual size so to speak, had a cream one made to measure in Thailand once, but his black one is M&S and he says any old pair of black trousers go with it....so as someone said, no excuse to say no more cruises!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums