New to RCL cabin question

Looking to book our first RCL cruise on the Independence of the Seas. I have been thinking about booking a deluxe ocean view on deck 6, cabins 6632-6646 seem to be in a "bump out" section of the ship. Would this be a desirable or undesirable location?

Looking to book our first RCL cruise on the Independence of the Seas. I have been thinking about booking a deluxe ocean view on deck 6, cabins 6632-6646 seem to be in a "bump out" section of the ship. Would this be a desirable or undesirable location?

Many like the bump out (called "hump" here on CC) section for the convenient location to the stairs/elevators, and more dramatic view from the balcony. There's no difference in size of the stateroom or balcony compared to other side-facing staterooms in the same category.

Edited by clarea

Yes, there is the Connoisseur Club on Deck 5 on Independence of the Seas. There is also 'events' held for cigar smokers, such as outdoor 'Cigars Under The Stars' but this is not always guaranteed.

Hi carmensmom - we are new to RCI as well and will be on the IOS next Monday - after coming here with almost the exact same question...we have booked a cabin on the 6th deck right in the middle of the bump. I will come back here with my review, views etc. We've been on 10 cruises prior but never on RCI. I am sure we will have a lovely time - once we get used to finding out where things are etc. In addition, this will be our first time out on a ship of this size. I believe I may have looked at every single video on youtube and feel as if I have a fairly good handle of where things are located.

I can say this about RCI thus far - we made all of our reservations through them directly. I am very impressed with the service I have received. If the service on the ship is of the same calibre, we are going to be just fine.

Ciao,

Eileen

Hi carmensmom - we are new to RCI as well and will be on the IOS next Monday - after coming here with almost the exact same question...we have booked a cabin on the 6th deck right in the middle of the bump. I will come back here with my review, views etc. We've been on 10 cruises prior but never on RCI. I am sure we will have a lovely time - once we get used to finding out where things are etc. In addition, this will be our first time out on a ship of this size. I believe I may have looked at every single video on youtube and feel as if I have a fairly good handle of where things are located.

I can say this about RCI thus far - we made all of our reservations through them directly. I am very impressed with the service I have received. If the service on the ship is of the same calibre, we are going to be just fine.

Ciao,

Eileen

Have a great cruise on IOS! I sailed on her for the first time in May and will be back on in November and I just can't wait. I'll be really interested to read what you think of the ship.

Ill be looking forward to your review. Middle of the bump cabin is just what I had in mind, would love some pictures if possible. We are/were up to this point loyal Princess cruisers. Only doing this one because it is the Rock Legends IV cruise. We also usually do all booking through the cruise line, had to do this one through the group promoting the Rock Legends cruise. This time I will have to book flights, find a pre cruise hotel and transportation to and from the ship, not looking forward to that part. I know there will be lots of differences between the two cruise lines, I have been trying to read all I can here on cruise critic.. Getting a severe Information overload!LOL