Port Liberty parking dilema

Sorry if this has been already asked and answered but here goes : we are taking the Voyager on 09/23 and have resigned ourselves to the fact that we will have to park at the port. I thought awhile ago I read people having problems with cars at the port parking areas ( sticky stuff on the vehicles ). Does anyone know how much the parking costs for 9 nights and has the mysterious substance subsided?

Sorry if this has been already asked and answered but here goes : we are taking the Voyager on 09/23 and have resigned ourselves to the fact that we will have to park at the port. I thought awhile ago I read people having problems with cars at the port parking areas ( sticky stuff on the vehicles ). Does anyone know how much the parking costs for 9 nights and has the mysterious substance subsided?

We are on the 9/23 Voyager and are in the middle of making a decision whether to park at the port or take the free bus that RCI provides.

I have spoken to people who parked at the pier and they had no problems.

Leona

We parked there for 5 days 8/7-8/12 and had no problem. It was easy, were able to park in the second row closest to the check-in. We we were off the boat grabbed our luggage, thru the customs line, in our car and on our way in 15 minutes.

Free bus? From NJ? thats news to me. We have a group of 8 leaving on Sunday and would love a bus instead of taking 2 cars.

The bus we are taking is offered by RCI but I don't think they have a pick up near you. We are taking it from Westhampton which is located at EXIT 5 of the NJ Turnpike. I think that is the only stop in NJ.

Still toying whether we will take the bus or drive.

Enjoy your cruise.

Leona

we also have the free bus picking us up off exit 5 of turnpike.

also various other stops along the way.

we have a 9 nite cruise leaving late sept. out of cape liberty

so not sure if all rccl cruises out of there have that option.

call rci and check:confused:

although we have the free transportation, we are still torn between that and driving up (may do the hotel and park while you cruise/ free parking at the hotel for up to 10 days/ shuttle to the port/and back to hotel, plus night before accomadations/ appox. $135)

or just park at the port (appox. $108)

since the scheduled pick up time for the bus isn't till 12 noon (hoping to be boarding bout then:cool: ) and we wouldnt be arriving by bus till after 2

anyway, still have time to decide.

After row 2 of the lot, it is gravel, it would be difficult with rolling bags. The porters directed us in to drop off our luggage 1st and then loop back around to park - this was fine...we had arrived early to avoid lines (about 11:30) and it all worked out well, we had no lines for drop/off or parking and no lines at check-in, however, by the time all that was done it was noon and we did not get on board until about 1:30. But, I would rather sit comfortably and wait knowing all that stuff was out of the way. By the time we got on the ship, we went straight to the Island Grill/Windjammers for lunch, checked out our room and explored the ship a bit, our bags were delivered in plenty of time to unpack and change for the dinner at 6.

We parked there for the July 15 VOS cruise and had no problems or stuff on the car. Cost was $108 - they take cash or credit cards. Drop off the luggage first' date=' then circle back around to park.[/color']

We went to Bermuda. The ship was scheduled to set sail at 6pm, same time as dinner, we figured we could fit in seeing the ship go under the bridge and head to dinner. They announced shortly before 6pm they would be about a 1/2 hour later setting sail, closer to 6:30, we didn't want to screw up the dinner schedules, so we went to dinner and missed it! On the way back, the night before, I inquired what time we would be getting into NJ so we could see it, was told about 6:30 am and we had a wake up call at 6am, put on the tv, saw the bridge approaching, we ran up from Deck 8 and just missed the whole thing!!!!!!!! Very BUMMED! Everyone says its a don't miss thing.

Our solution...we are going without the kids on the same trip 5/28/06, but on the Explorer, we are skipping dinner in the dining room that night so we don't miss the sail-away and the bridge, we will probably book Portofinos that night for later on....My opinion is don't miss it like we did, everyone says its an awesome sight! Either eat in Portofinos that night or the Windjammer.

Thanks for the heads up! I think we may just skip dinner in the dining room and eat at the Windjammer. I would go to Portofino, but my 11 yr old will be with us and I don't think there's a full kids program the 1st night. We drive over the bridge all the time, and I take the Staten Island Ferry past it every day, but I'd still love the see how close the Voyager gets to it going under it!!

DPurcell58

Whereever you are headed...HAVE FUN!! We went to Bermuda with our 9 & 11 yr old daughters, I reviewed it under another post, if you are interested, click on my name to see my other posts...Enjoy!:) :)

Thanks for the heads up! I think we may just skip dinner in the dining room and eat at the Windjammer. I would go to Portofino, but my 11 yr old will be with us and I don't think there's a full kids program the 1st night. We drive over the bridge all the time, and I take the Staten Island Ferry past it every day, but I'd still love the see how close the Voyager gets to it going under it!!

D, there is no kids program on the first night. They do an orientation show around 8pm then have the sign-ups after that. I too am looking forward to going under the bridge so I am willing to sacrafice the dining room(first time in 6 cruises) if I have too. We have 8 more nights in the dining room, but only 1 bridge(unless you go see it on the way back).

Park and be on your own schedule.... I suggest dropping your party off then you circle around and go park. Its close & they have a shuttle (handy if you are at the far end). Who wants to get sweated up humping bags across the lot.

I will be doing this next Friday 8/26

Definitely park at the port.I paid $108 on my credit card for the 9 night, and had no problems with any sticky stuff. I agree with the above posters, drop off your luggage first, even though it's a short walk the gravel could make it very difficult. We were supposed to leave at 5 but where delayed till after 6, so we were in the dining room for the bridge. However the Captain made several announcements as to when we would be passing under, there were people that left dinner to see it ( my DD included) then came back.

Archived