NOS aft cabin 7688 - waste ordors

Your posts caught my attention because my daughter and son-in-law are on the NOS right now, in cabin 6666, and because I am pet sitting for them in College Station, where I see you live too. I will let you know if they report any odors.

Welcome to College Station Celeste!! Your daughter's cabin should be OK, just the balconies on the very aft of the ship were experiencing this problem. I do know they had the same problem the week before but was worse on the starboard side. Also would love it if they could check with the people in 7688 this week to see if they are having the same problem. If they are, they should report it to Guest Services!!

Celeste, I'm sure your daughter warned you, but don't wonder around the streets of CS this Sat - it's football weekend!! LOL

Carla

:eek:

Oh, oh, I have this cabin in Adventure, I hope there's not a problem because I'm pretty excited about that balcony!

I just had a funny experience in Istanbul last week. You pay to get into the public toilets and there are squat toilets (a hole in the floor) and one regular toilet. The attendant always directs tourists to the toilet, figuring they will be horrified by the squat (I don't really care, but can't argue with an old woman who I don't share a language with.) You can't even leave TP in the toilets there, and I'm well aware of that due to traveling, camping and boating for many years. So when I got into the toilet, I noticed several tourists ahead of me obviously didn't understand that and the bowl was full of paper. After I finished the attendant saw it and started insisting I should tip her (since she was going have to scoop it all out). I tried pantomiming that I understood paper goes into the basket, not the toilet, but she wasn't buying it and I had to tip her another lira before I left to pay for some other rube tourists who didn't know better:rolleyes:

Hopefully, we won't have any smells or poor communication on Adventure! LOL!

This seems to be a problem just on the Navigator - we have been in the cabin on the Voyager and Mariner and never had a problem.

We sailed on the Navi the first sailing after dry dock (Feb 5, 2014). Numerous times the toilets were not working in cabins, whole floors, the public RR's.... Off & on all week. We all just assumed it was "another" bug they had to work out since the dry dock. Don't like hearing there are still issues with the toilets 8 months later!

We sail on her next week... J/S hump... But have 7388 booked next Sept & our friends are booked in 7688! Sure hope they get the problem corrected by THEN! Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Wondering if anyone noticed an odor problem in the aft area the week of 11/05? Have this cabin booked in Dec and would like to know if it was a one time problem or ongoing. Thanks

Carla

Was on the 10-12-14 sailing. Walked back to the back of the ship several times on deck 4. Yes, there is an odor as you get near the back port side. It dissapears as you get more in the middle area. We went back there a few times & the odor was there everytime. Smells like sulpher &/or sauerkraut! Not sure if you can smell it up on deck 7 or not....

Was on the 10-12-14 sailing. Walked back to the back of the ship several times on deck 4. Yes, there is an odor as you get near the back port side. It dissapears as you get more in the middle area. We went back there a few times & the odor was there everytime. Smells like sulpher &/or sauerkraut! Not sure if you can smell it up on deck 7 or not....

Thanks, yes that is the odor and yes you can smell it on the corner aft deck 7 at least the week we were on!! Of course, when I contacted RCCL Corporate Guest Relations, they said they checked the maintenance logs for that area and said it was a one time occurrence. So far, people on CC have said they have smelled it for at least the last month of cruises!! If possible, I will give up this corner aft on our 12/07/14 cruise.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have any updates regarding the odors on the NOS cabin #7688?

Also, does anyone have an opinion on NOS #7688 vs. #1388 for three people?

Any information or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks!

I would like to know about the odor issues too... any recent 7688 cruisers?

Thanks!

I've stayed in both and either could work but I would choose 1388 for 3 people. The room is the size of a junior suite. 7688 has the best balcony but it's an E1 so much smaller than 1388. I also believe that 7688 has a pullman bed whereas 1388 has a sofa bed - not sure which you think would be better.

Edited by The Sunset Glow

Thank you for the information. I appreciate your perspective! It's hard to turn down such a great balcony in 7688, but the cabin size in 1388 is fantastic, especially with 3 people. Decisions, decisions.......such a good problem to have :)