Relection/celebrity newbie questions :)

balle26

Hi all going on our first celebrity cruise from Miami. We always do RCCL so wanted to give celebrity a shot. Any advice, tips, tricks, secret info lol we need to know in general or when we board the ship?

What time can we really board? On RCCL is was around 11am.

Thanks!!!!

Congratulations, we'll be on Reflection for the second time in January. Re: boarding, around 11:30 is a good estimate for this to begin, may vary a little from cruise to cruise depending on his fast the ship was cleared that AM. As far as tips, not sure what you are looking for. The Martini Bar is a big hit for us and a lot of other cruisers, so make sure you check that out. Shows are generally scheduled before dinner (7:00 pm) for late diners, after dinner for early diners. Entertainment goes on throughout most of the evening in the atrium, there is music in the Ensemble Lounge, but Celebrity is quieter and more sedate than RCI so be prepared for that. Atmosphere is more elegant, service and food are excellent. If you have specific questions, ask away.

Don't miss the free pastries at Café al Bacio and the poached fruit in the Aqua Spa Café ( which is open for all in the Solarium)..Early am coffee is available at the Hideaway in the middle of the ship, without going all the way to the buffet. If you want an open air specialty restaurant, the Lawn Grill is great.

if you have a drink package, you don't need to carry water on board. Every bar will give you some to take back to the room. Same with soda (or beer)- just ask them not to open it.

We'll be on the Reflection for NYE- can't wait.

Have fun exploring a new style of ship for you!

Welcome to Celebrity,

Is it cold on the ship? On RCCL the ships are so cold it's like being in Alaska. I might as well wear a coat. :(

Have never found the ships to be particularly cold. The S-Class Ships, of which Reflection is one... Are pretty new tho so they offer up a lot of great technology over some older ships ou there... In cabin individual heating & cooling controls being one.

My BEST TIP...

Just hang out here on CC regularly between now & your cruise

Lots of great posts & info exchanged here everyday. You will learn a lot very quickly. :D

(The Forum / Board is also searchable )

Jump in if you have a specific Question, like this one on AC (cause as it stands your OP is waaaay to vague)

Cheers!

You WILL want a light jacket or sweater or cardigan or shawl, particularly in the evenings about the ship (at least I do).

A good first-thing-to-do is have lunch at Bistro on Five (deck 5). It's a nominal fee of $7 and such a relaxing way to start your cruise. Table service, great food, and not rushed. Plenty of room to put your carry on luggage and wait until the cabins open up (usually 1-1:30). The buffet will be a zoo at that time.

Have fun!

Hi all going on our first celebrity cruise from Miami. We always do RCCL so wanted to give celebrity a shot. Any advice, tips, tricks, secret info lol we need to know in general or when we board the ship?

What time can we really board? On RCCL is was around 11am.

Thanks!!!!

Great choice for your 1st Celebrity sailing. We have cruised with RCCL on the Sovereign, Vision, Voyager, and Freedom class ships, and the old Empress. None compare to an S-Class Celebrity ship. Everything on board will flow much the same as you are used to during the cruise. There is much less 'hype' on a Celebrity cruise. More laid back, a time to relax and recharge.

You can board in the same time frame as you are used to doing.

What floor is the buffet on when we first board and what is name of it? Thanks!

Start with Celebrity's own website... Lots to learn there about your ship & its layout:

Celebrity Reflection = http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-reflection

Oceanview Cafe... Deck 14 on The Reflection

But, here is a TIP they are not the only venue open on E-Day as many coming from other cruise lines assume... So there are other great / not as busy places to grab a bite as well.

Mast Grill (Poolside BBQ) - Cafe al Bacio (ala Starbucks Coffee Shop ) - Bistro on 5 ($ 7 Crepes & More ) - The Porch ($ 5 Lite Eats)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

My husband and I are Crown and Anchor members and are trying out Celebrity for the Christmas sail out of San Juan. I have read that for suite guests the is a lounge open from 5 to 7 just like

Royal Caribbean but when I asked the booking agent I was told no. Is there one? We would like to know since it would determine whether we purchase a drink package or not.

Thanks

If you are ABOVE a Sky Suite (in other words a Celebrity suite and higher) there is a lounge similar to the Concierge Lounge on RCI. It's open 24 hours but they have a "happy hour" w/ a limited but fine menu of beverages…wine, beer, a few cocktails etc. Same general hours as RCI.

Sky Suites are not included in this. In the same way a Jr. Suite on RCI doesn't get admission to the C/L.

My husband and I are Crown and Anchor members and are trying out Celebrity for the Christmas sail out of San Juan. I have read that for suite guests the is a lounge open from 5 to 7 just like

Royal Caribbean but when I asked the booking agent I was told no. Is there one? We would like to know since it would determine whether we purchase a drink package or not.

Thanks

If you are Celebrity Captain's Club Elite or Higher ... Or have recognized Privledges thru RCCL (see this RCCL Crown & Anchor Page for info = http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=340&faqSubjectName=Crown+%26+Anchor+Society&faqId=971 ) then there is also the Captain's Club Happy Hour

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB