Help, I Can't Get Off The Ship!

godeano1

I have vertigo. So, the "sea legs syndrome" is pretty severe and stays with me for weeks after a cruise. I have sometimes had to hold onto the wall in the hallway of my office to keep from falling over :eek: I found that more sleep than you would normally need helps a GREAT deal. I've also heard that bonine helps as well as other sea-sick meds. It WILL go away. Just be patient and move slowly. And, get plenty of sleep and fluids. The best cure???? Book another cruise!!! :D

Last year, DH and I both kept our sea legs for a few days. This year, I had no problem at all, but DH kept wobbling for a few days. It does go away. Just be careful when sleeping - I found myself feeling like I was falling out of bed and reaching out to catch myself!

I have vertigo. So, the "sea legs syndrome" is pretty severe and stays with me for weeks after a cruise. I have sometimes had to hold onto the wall in the hallway of my office to keep from falling over :eek: I found that more sleep than you would normally need helps a GREAT deal. I've also heard that bonine helps as well as other sea-sick meds. It WILL go away. Just be patient and move slowly. And, get plenty of sleep and fluids. The best cure???? Book another cruise!!! :D

I too used to keep moving several weeks after the cruise, but I never have a problem on the ship. I now take sea sick meds while on the ship, and it only took me 2 days to get over the feeling. Of course, if I could just stay on cruise ships all the time, then I wouldn't need the sea sick meds at all.

Take a bonine every day......what you have is called mal de barquement....land sickness! Your inner ears have become used to the subtle motion of the ship - now they must relearn what it is like to be on land again.

Land Sickness.......I need a cruise!!!!

WE have a houseboat and I get "Landsick" many times after we get home from a long weekend!!

Funny thing is that I have NEVER been Seasick... even in 14ft seas on HAL or Stingray City during a storm!!!

I find that my "Landsickness" is caused by lack of sleep and dehydration ( ie: partying all night and too many Foo Foo drinks).

CURE.... Drink LOTS of water and go to bed early to recover from your VACATION. hee hee, lol

I had a real bad case my very first cruise - literally bounced off the walls in my in-laws apartment .... and it lasted for days!! Every cruise after that - haven't felt a thing! Very odd .... but I'd go with Imasealuvr's suggestion - get back on another cruise!!!;)

After just a 3 day Bahamas cruise I had it for about a week and a half.. it was a little scary.. my doctor even gave me a cat scan just to be sure.. it just gradually went away.. but it was bad for a while..

I have had "landsickness" after cruising. The worst part for me is on the ride home, when have to stop and go into a restroom stall and the walls kinda close in on you. This will happen for about two weeks for me.

However, we had a friend that went with us one year and he got landsickness so bad he had to see a doctor and be treated for about 6 months. Granted I am sure he had some complications with vertigo or something that were just aggrivated by the trip.

Many years ago, my friend who cruised with me thought she had very bad land sickeness right after the cruise. It turned out to be appendicitis.:eek: She had to have emergency surgery. Thank God it didn't happen on the ship,

I have been cruising for several years and get this feeling everytime. We just got off the Glory on 8/13 and by the time I got home I was ready for bed. The doctor suggested that I take ginger root for 1 month before my cruise and this time it only lasted about 3 days. I usually looked like the drunk coming out of a bar at 2:30 in the morning for a week or more.

Good luck.

Archived