Verizon gift cards

ranchette

Yes, Look up how much you owe (or decide how much you want to deposit) then take your printed gift cards down to the Guest services desk and ask them to apply them to your Sail & Sign account. I did this on the Dream 2 weeks ago with no issues. Also used them to put down the deposit on our next cruise at the future cruise desk, and paid for a shore excursion online before the cruise. The crew had not seen the Verizon cards before, but knew how to deal with the gift cards in general right away.

If you choose the "ecard" version- about 5 minutes. Just helped a friend today buy 2-$500 ecards to pay off her cruise ( she only paid $900!). Several minutes later I showed her how to apply those to her balance- now she is paid in full ( and saved $100!).

DH and I are buying $100 gift card a month for are Feb cruise. Will have $800 to deposit into our sail/sign account :) ( the ecards never expire!)

baf

Between the fathers day promo and Verizon we are saving 10% on almost our entire trip. I have about $450 in gift cards to add when we board. I'm thinking another $200 will pay for cheers and the few things we will charge on board.

Edited by kona_wahine

If you choose the "ecard" version- about 5 minutes. Just helped a friend today buy 2-$500 ecards to pay off her cruise ( she only paid $900!). Several minutes later I showed her how to apply those to her balance- now she is paid in full ( and saved $100!).

DH and I are buying $100 gift card a month for are Feb cruise. Will have $800 to deposit into our sail/sign account :) ( the ecards never expire!)

baf

What is the difference between the ecard and the gift cards. Do the gift cards have an expiration and how long does it take to receive them? Can you use the ecards on the ship?

Sorry for all the questions

What is the difference between the ecard and the gift cards. Do the gift cards have an expiration and how long does it take to receive them? Can you use the ecards on the ship?

Sorry for all the questions

An e-card comes through your e-mail and you just print it out. It has the card and pin numbers on it. Gift cards are physical cards like any other gift card. I've never had the need to purchase one of these as the e-cards are sufficient and you can't lose them (unless you accidentally delete them before printing them). One poster on these boards said they charge 59 cents to mail them. Other posts say you can use them onboard.

Edited by Valor2005

An e-card comes through your e-mail and you just print it out. It has the card and pin numbers on it. Gift cards are physical cards like any other gift card. I've never had the need to purchase one of these as the e-cards are sufficient and you can't lose them (unless you accidentally delete them before printing them). One poster on these boards said they charge 59 cents to mail them. Other posts say you can use them onboard.

Thanks so much for your quick replies

Can the ecards be used on the ship to pay your onboard account?

If you apply an e-card to your sail -n-sign and you don't use the full value, do you get a refund? I understand with cruise cash there is no refund! I want to buy enough to cover my bill, but if I don't use it all I would like to get back my money!

If there are any funds remaining on the card after payment of sign & sail, those funds remain on the card for future use. They don't issue cash refunds, but the cards have no expiration date so you can use the funds for a subsequent cruise.

I guess what I am trying to ask is...if I use them as soon as I get on board to set up my cash account and I don't use the entire amount....do they give me a refund at the end of the cruise like they do for regular cash deposit?

Thanks Arizonagirl14...I am trying to decide how much to purchase and I don't want to have a lot of funds left at the end of my cruise...its a short one! Been on enough cruises to have a general idea of what the DH and I will spend! This would just be my first with these giftcards!