How long in Port - Ventura in Caribbean, February

jan1403

I'm currently researching what tours are on offer on the Islands but as yet don't know how long we will have in port. On the Cruise Personaliser it says depart afternoon! As some of the tours I've been looking at are 6 hours long I need to make sure we are back in plenty of time. Can anyone help? Thanks

I'm currently researching what tours are on offer on the Islands but as yet don't know how long we will have in port. On the Cruise Personaliser it says depart afternoon! As some of the tours I've been looking at are 6 hours long I need to make sure we are back in plenty of time. Can anyone help? Thanks

We are doing the same cruise leaving Barbados on 5/12/14 so can post times in port on our return if any use. Having been to the Caribbean with P & 0 7 times all I can report is that we have never left port in early afternoon. Most ports are reached early morning ready for disembarkation c. 9 am and on most occasions the ship leaves port at c. 4 pm to 6 pm leaving plenty of time for a 6 hour trip. Unlike European port excursions there are almost no full day excursions offered by P & O in the Caribbean with most returning to the ship early afternoon at the latest so perhaps confirmation from P & O would be helpful. The Cruise Personaliser used to show the approximate times of arrival and departure but now only "early morning", "early evening" etc. My suspicious mind suggests that this is to deter passengers organizing their own trips !

If you go to the cruise.tt website http://ships.cruisett.com/

and look under either Ports or Ships, you should see details listed for Ventura.

If you click on the relevant month under Ships, you will see the full itinerary, including any other ships expected in port on the same day, which is useful for getting an idea of demand for local taxis and buses at the port, how busy local places of interest will be, etc.

Ports is more long-winded because you have to click on each port individually, but you still get the info.

There is nothing at present, but keep checking and you should be able to find the times she is expected to be in port. May not be 100% accurate, but close enough to give you an idea for planning excursions.

Thanks for all your replies. Looks like the tours will be back for 3pm at the latest, so we should be ok for a 4pm departure. As has been said before its in the interests of the operators to make sure we are back in plenty of time!