Cabin issues solved i hope

joyce&bob

First Thanks to all for your support & patients with my cabin issues.

First We were booked in cabins 8137 & 8139 Thanks to cruise critic discovered these cabins had poor visibility to ocean due to lifeboats. Then we changed to cabins 9066 & 9062. Once again Thanks to cruise critic found these cabins to be slightly more desirable then our first choices. However, they are not typical balconies. So now we switched to cabins 11281 & 11285.

I'm almost afraid to ask but.......what's your opinion of these.

Maybe I should not ask....Ha! Ha!

First We were booked in cabins 8137 & 8139 Thanks to cruise critic discovered these cabins had poor visibility to ocean due to lifeboats. Then we changed to cabins 9066 & 9062. Once again Thanks to cruise critic found these cabins to be slightly more desirable then our first choices. However, they are not typical balconies. So now we switched to cabins 11281 & 11285.

I think those two staterooms will be perfect for you and your friends!!!! Much better choice,,,just waiting for Skier52 (Pete) to post some pics,,in 3,,,2,,,1,,,

I think those two staterooms will be perfect for you and your friends!!!! Much better choice,,,just waiting for Skier52 (Pete) to post some pics,,in 3,,,2,,,1,,,

Just wanted to THANK YOU AGAIN....Hooray for Cruise Critic people...

Congratulation on your success! I was following your struggle with finding the right cabin+balcony for you,and was wondering this morning how it all ended up;).

I am sure you are going to have a great cruise with your friends:D.

I've done 6 cruises with MSC and still find nuggets on Cruise Critic that I didn't know. I constantly refer back to Skier Pete's and Cruisetrail's photos and info when checking out cabin sizes and locations.

I also search back when I'm doing a new itinerary for tips and advice - some of it can relate to getting from airports to ports, overnight hotel suggestions and lots of other stuff inbetween.

Finally, I'd like to think that I've contributed back with answers to questions on subjects of which I have experience or knowledge - that's how the site is so valuable and why people are often requested to check back in after their cruise and share their views and opinions of their trips. Sometimes, even seemingly innocuous comments may be of benefit as it could just be the information someone is looking for.

Yeah...........did you see the price he paid for it? They were almost giving it away.

Yes I did, bargain doesn't even begin to cover it. Included BA flights and when you stripped that ut (or at least what we would be charged by BA for them) came to £46 pp for the entire cruise. Out you more to heat the house for 3 weeks!

If only I could have taken advantage of that one.

I'm sure you will enjoy these cabins, as long as you don't mind the long walk to the theater (Which I don't). I always prefer to be in the aft part of the ship. I also changed cabins twice before settling on 10271 and 10273 for my December 6th cruise. One floor down and right around the corner from yours. We are both also very close to the outside deck and stairs if we want to improve our views. Enjoy! Bob

Yes I did, bargain doesn't even begin to cover it. Included BA flights and when you stripped that ut (or at least what we would be charged by BA for them) came to £46 pp for the entire cruise. Out you more to heat the house for 3 weeks!

If only I could have taken advantage of that one.

Me too!! It wasn't offered here, though, doh!

However, I seem to have nabbed quite a bargain yesterday - 11 night Fantasia for the equivalent of £19 pppn. Spotted it Sunday, booked it Monday, price doubled Tuesday :D

However, I seem to have nabbed quite a bargain yesterday - 11 night Fantasia for the equivalent of £19 pppn. Spotted it Sunday, booked it Monday, price doubled Tuesday :D

Wow! Nice grab. Did you get an email alert or were you just alert? Bob

Good for you! Is that the one you have in your signature or one in 2015?

Good for you! Is that the one you have in your signature or one in 2015?

The one in the signature.............I couldn't pass it up and, with flights @ €109pp return (£86)......well, what can I say?

It was Tim that drew my attention to the price increase today! He checked out the link I'd provided to the price and came back with the updated one.

Wow! Nice grab. Did you get an email alert or were you just alert? Bob

HaHa - just alert! I'm obsessed with checking out the MSC website. There wasn't even anything anywhere to suggest there was a "Deal of the Day" on any of their sailings.

What I do is pick either a month or a ship on the "Find your cruise" page and look at the prices quoted at the time. I've been laid up with some back trouble this week so had a great ould surfing time of it.

Anyway, I'm conscious of derailing this thread (an awful habit I have, altogether!) which I've already had a VERY sharp hint about from someone on another thread.

Usually I try to incorporate something relating to the thread subject, but I really don't have anything to add to this one, sorry :o

Good news!

It looks like the ship is not full that is another good news.

Your pictures are posted! Enjoy!

Congratulation on your success! I was following your struggle with finding the right cabin+balcony for you,and was wondering this morning how it all ended up;).

I am sure you are going to have a great cruise with your friends:D.

as my TA said today....ok start packing and have a great time.

Think maybe he was tired of hearing from me. HA! HA! I was kind of tired of talking to him too.

as my TA said today....ok start packing and have a great time.

Think maybe he was tired of hearing from me. HA! HA! I was kind of tired of talking to him too.

Your persistence paid off and you now at least have cabins you'll love - have a great cruise!