JW Marriott Marquis Miami or Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay

az-cruiser

Ok, which hotel is closer and which one is nicer for a pre cruise hotel, JW Marriott Marquis Miami or Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay?

I have stayed at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay and loved the views in the AM, we could see all the ships in port, love waking up to that, but the concierge level was just ok.

Anyone???:confused:

I have never stayed at either, but we have booked the Marquis for our pre-cruise stay in February. My understanding is that it is in the same area as the Intercontinental, close to the Bayside Marketplace, etc.

Not sure if that info will help with your question. Perhaps ask in the East Coast Departure board under the Florida Departures board?

I have stayed in both. If you are in a water view in the Marriott Biscayne the view can't be beat. The JW is upscale. Floor to ceiling windows. First rate room. View is not the greatest, but I could see most of our ship, NCL Sun, between buildings. We were using Marriott points so we we picked the JW. Would do it again in a heart beat.

I have stayed in both. If you are in a water view in the Marriott Biscayne the view can't be beat. The JW is upscale. Floor to ceiling windows. First rate room. View is not the greatest, but I could see most of our ship, NCL Sun, between buildings. We were using Marriott points so we we picked the JW. Would do it again in a heart beat.

And the JW gives you more points.

I would choose the JW again in a heartbeat. :)

AZ-cruiser,

I stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis this past March for one pre-cruise night. I stay in A LOT of Marriotts, and I can't imagine any one of them being any nicer than this JW Marriott Marquis! JW is Marriott's premier line... the rooms are huge, the concierge lounge is drop-dead awesome, the staff is top-of-the-line, and the spa is huge and really lovely (20% off if you're staying in hotel). There are multiple great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, and the port is literally a 4 minute taxi ride away (depending on which pier). The ONLY thing I could find to complain about is the pool... it's on the 19th/20th floor or so, squeezed in a very tight space and shadowed by all the large buildings in downtown.

HIGHLY recommended!!!

Jen

I've stayed at the Marquis. It was gorgeous! The room was huge and beautiful. There was a television in the bathroom mirror, floor-to-ceiling windows, and a really large flatscreen television.

There is also a full size computer desk complete with a computer and free wifi that you can use. I don't take my laptop on trips, so it was really nice to be able to sign into facebook and update all my friends that I had arrived in Miami, etc.

Oh, and something that amused me? My room had a doorbell. XD

Thank you!

AZ-cruiser' date='

I stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis this past March for one pre-cruise night. I stay in A LOT of Marriotts, and I can't imagine any one of them being any nicer than this JW Marriott Marquis! JW is Marriott's premier line... the rooms are huge, the concierge lounge is drop-dead awesome, the staff is top-of-the-line, and the spa is huge and really lovely (20% off if you're staying in hotel). There are multiple great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, and the port is literally a 4 minute taxi ride away (depending on which pier). The ONLY thing I could find to complain about is the pool... it's on the 19th/20th floor or so, squeezed in a very tight space and shadowed by all the large buildings in downtown.

HIGHLY recommended!!!

Jen[/quote']

Thanks cruisin'jenny2!

We always stay at the Hilton Inn at Biscayne Bay. LOVE it! Great updated hotel, Biscayne bay is directly across the street, and super close to the port. We can see the ships from our window. We also sit outside at Biscayne Bay and see ships leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums