Liberty of the Seas - party of 11 - MTD -Thanksgiving...recipe for disaster?

Jessy74

I will be traveling on Liberty of the Seas this Thanksgiving. We have a total of 5 cabins and 11 people in our party. I found out yesterday that we have MTD (it's my first time ever taking a cruise that was booked through a travel agent and didn't realize we were booked under MTD). It is very important to my in-laws that we all are seated together for dinner each night. It is their 50th wedding anniversary and an important trip for all of us.

When I called the travel agent yesterday, she told me that we have to make reservations for dining through Royal Caribbean directly. So I called Royal and was told that they can only make reservations for up to a party of 10, so they would not make the reservation. They gave me the email address for someone who does events on Liberty and mentioned a private dining room as a possible option. I am waiting for a response from her.

Anyone have experience with Liberty, MTD and large parties? I know that I can check with the dining room when we get on the ship, but I'd rather not leave it till that day since we board on Thanksgiving.

Thanks!

Thanks...I have not been able to do anything with the cruise planner on the Royal website. I've been told that they are having technical issues.

I called Crown and Anchor just now and they made the reservation for 10 people. I was told that the table should be large enough to accommodate 11 though and to ask when we get on the ship. I just want all of this to run smoothly so that we can relax on the ship.

Thanks...I have not been able to do anything with the cruise planner on the Royal website. I've been told that they are having technical issues.

I called Crown and Anchor just now and they made the reservation for 10 people. I was told that the table should be large enough to accommodate 11 though and to ask when we get on the ship. I just want all of this to run smoothly so that we can relax on the ship.

Can you switch to a regular dining time and link the reservations so you are all seated together or do you actually want MTD?

We have a large group also (about 18 people) and are on the same sailing! :) We all chose 6pm dining, since we have kids with us, and my cousin linked us together so we are all sitting together/near eachother. Maybe you could do that?

Yes you can all sit together! We had a party of 18 with MTD. We did have two seprate tables, but they were next to each other. You will first have to link all your reservations together and it helped that we made reservations at the same time every night. Also I sent an email to the head of dining requesting that we stay together. She was very nice and forwarded the request to the ship and they were ready for us. It work out great.

We are linked together. I don't think that we can switch to regular dining at this point. I'm not sure why we have MTD. I would not have made that choice were it my choice to make, since I know my in-laws like to eat at the same table in the same dining room at the same time each night.

I was really surprised to hear that MTD can only make reservations for groups up to 10 people.

Make your reservation for 10 now...then when you board, go to the dining room and add the other person...it's not a big deal! Tell them of your preferences at that time....they do their best to make you happy!

Edited by cb at sea