Thoughts On The Enclave

janetz

To anyone that has recently used the Enclave on the Royal. What are your thoughts? Is it worth the money? We have enjoyed the same type of pool on Celebrity, however, it was free. :) Thanks ahead.

Edited by janetz

To anyone that has recently used the Enclave on the Royal. What are your thoughts? Is it worth the money? We have enjoyed the same type of pool on Celebrity, however, it was free. :) Thanks ahead.

The Enclave is a thermal suite, not a pool Are you talking about the Retreat Pool? If so, access to the smallish pool is free, but it costs to rent the surrounding cabañas. Or are you talking about the Sanctuary?

Edit: whoops, misspoke. There is a hydro-therapy pool in the Enclave, but since I didn't use it while onboard, I forgot.

Edited by shepp

My DH and I got off the Royal in August doing a Baltic 11 day cruise. We had read on CC that the charge for The Enclave was $239pp for the entire cruise and they only sell 50. We went on the spa tour the first day and they were running a special if you book that day you got it for $199pp plus a free body scrub. We both decided to sign up. It was so worth the cost especially on this cruise the weather was cool (50-60F) with long tours of walking and bus riding. Every day after our tours we went to The Enclave and relaxed before dinner. They have 10 stone beds, 2 water beds, 3 steam rooms, a large hydro therapy pool with great neck/upper back jets. and 3 special showers. The only issue we had was people saving the beds like they do by the pools.

The only issue we had was people saving the beds like they do by the pools.

What did they save the beds with? If it was a towel or robe, just chuck them into the bins. If it was a personal item, turn it into the desk. Saving beds in the Enclave, goodness. Did they live in the Enclave for the whole cruise?

Guess I'll get up there early and sign up.

I was on the Royal in March with my DD and I treated both of us to the Enclave. It is well worth the expense to go and relax, especially if you have a lot of sea days. We used it everyday on our cruise. MY DH and I are going to be on the Regal in November and so looking forward to doing the Enclave again. Enjoy!

My DH and I got off the Royal in August doing a Baltic 11 day cruise. We had read on CC that the charge for The Enclave was $239pp for the entire cruise and they only sell 50. We went on the spa tour the first day and they were running a special if you book that day you got it for $199pp plus a free body scrub. We both decided to sign up. It was so worth the cost especially on this cruise the weather was cool (50-60F) with long tours of walking and bus riding. Every day after our tours we went to The Enclave and relaxed before dinner. They have 10 stone beds, 2 water beds, 3 steam rooms, a large hydro therapy pool with great neck/upper back jets. and 3 special showers. The only issue we had was people saving the beds like they do by the pools.

My wife and I love the Spa's on NCL and always buy a spa pass but have never had an issue with them selling out. Are you able to board Princess early and go straight to the spa and buy the Enclave pass? We are also sailing the Regal in Nov.

Siked2Sail- We are Elite members so we get to board early but, we did not sign up until the afternoon. When I inquired the next day about how full The Enclave was the spa desk employee stated there was only one pass left at that time so I would sign up some time the first day to make sure you get a spot.

CZEE- The beds were saved with just a robe and towel we removed but, we were confronted by the owners stating they were only gone a few minutes (which was not true because I seen the towels had been there a while) and why did we remove there things. We told them that you can't save the beds and they proceeded to glare at us every time we were in The Enclave together. I felt very uncomfortable and told the spa desk employee that maybe it would be a good idea to inform people when they reserve The Enclave that there is no saving of the beds. I don't know if they will inform inconsiderate people of this but, if they did it might help. They also have a spa employee that frequently mops the floor and I feel they should monitor this. Because this was a very port intensive cruise (8-12hour tours daily) the time to enjoy The Enclave was limited. It may not be so busy during a regular cruise.

Janetz..... maybe I will see you at the spa tour and we can see if there is any special offer. I too have been debating about utilizing this but unsure if I want to spend quite so much.

Dana

Dana, considering how many sea days we have, it may be worth it. I am hopeful for a first day "deal" . ;)

The Reflection adult area was included in the cruise fare and was very nice. Had a nice pool in there. Very comfortable. I booked aqua which included the Persian Gardens. Very nice as well. Also open to any one on the ship-- can pay by the day, etc.

The Royal was a whole differrent experience. The adult area on this ship had very little shade. Also we paid a lot of money to be able to be in this area, running like maniacs upon embarkation to be one of the "lucky" folks to get it.

We found that many people sneaked in for free-- we felt like chumps.

Re the Enclave: Not as nice as the Reflection. The pool water was impossibly hot, the workers refused to make the water cooler. (We have a jacuzzi at home that is at the right temperature when used, so I know what I am talking about.) Also the Royal only sells 40 passes for the entire cruise, so if you don't run like crazy upon boarding, then you are shut out of using this area for your cruise.