White Dinner Jacket

Supplyman

I just purchased a black tuxedo and am now in the process of finding a white (cream) dinner jacket. This would be a great addition to compliment two formal nights.

Quoting my own post, I just purchased and received my dinner jacket. My wife does not know I bought it but I think she will be pleasantly surprised. At least I hope.

Quoting my own post, I just purchased and received my dinner jacket. My wife does not know I bought it but I think she will be pleasantly surprised. At least I hope.

She should be very pleased. One of my joys in cruising is seeing the men looking good for formal nights.

There were many men with white dinner jackets on my last cruise (a world voyage) and they were not restricted to the tropics. Enjoy it!

You know it is still a faux pas to wear white after Labor day.

Even in the tropics.

That's what I read in Miss Manners......

That rule does not exist outside the US. Labour Day is 1 May in the UK and many European countries, so your "rule" makes absolutely no sense elsewhere, and it certainly does not apply in the tropics. BTW, I have had the pleasure of meeting Miss Manners, or Judith Martin, as she is called in real life, at a British Embassy event in Washington, DC, and she is well aware that Labour Day is celebrated in early spring elsewhere in the world.

• 4 weeks later...

in off white jacket......he also wears the off white tux shirt with it.....blk bow tie........also has black ..and true white shirt, RED bow tie, and c'bund. This time his new gray suit will cruise with lavender shirt, and lavender plaid tie. I dress up for dinner every night, and he obliges me with same. His new weight loss 30#'s is now very noticeable..! I get to "style" his hair every night !!!!!, just to say thank you for being you..he loves it !!!!! so do I

After reading variations on this question for years here, I think I must be the only person in the world who doesn't like a white (cream) jacket on a man with a tuxedo? I agree they're perfectly appropriate in the Caribbean no matter when - I just don't like the look on men at all:rolleyes:
No, you're not alone. I've never cared for white jackets on men. I'm a bit surprised that so many people on this thread seem to really like them.