Do all the ships have the American Table now?

amy2313

Even though they have done some minor tweaking of the menu's, I'm starting to wonder if they are ever going to expand it to other ships. It really shouldn't take this long.

It will be interesting to see if the Ecstasy gets the new menu's in her drydock, but since there hasn't been any mention of that, my bet would be that they don't.

Even though they have done some minor tweaking of the menu's, I'm starting to wonder if they are ever going to expand it to other ships. It really shouldn't take this long.

It will be interesting to see if the Ecstasy gets the new menu's in her drydock, but since there hasn't been any mention of that, my bet would be that they don't.

Hopefully they never roll it out to the rest of the fleet. I think they are dragging along so slow with it because the idea and the implementation of it sucks and they know it. I was just on the Breeze last week and they still have the traditional setup and no plans to change it. I don't think they will be changing that much on the Ecstasy. How much can you really add on a ship that size that isn't on there already? That's my two cents.

• 3 months later...

I posted this question back in early October about whether or not the Sunshine had the new American Table menu. As of the fall it had not been changed over to the new menu.

Is that still the case??

Does anyone have a timeline for when it will be rolled out to the sunshine if at all??

We are cruising in April (I know we have plenty of time) but we are already getting excited and were thinking about going to Cuchina Capitano one night instead of the main dining room and we were going to try and look at the nightly menus in MDR to decide which night would be best to go to the Italian restaurant.

Any help would be great.

They're still tweaking it. The Imagination's (Dec) menu was a bit different than the Inspiration's (Jan). Some recipes were a bit different and the menus themselves were different. The Imagination's menu was a tri-fold and the Inspiration had the huge, cumbersome one.

So should I then assume that the Sunshine will have the menus we've seen for the past few years across the entire fleet and are familiar with?

And I tried to do a google searched for the 7 day cruise menus but couldn't find them all so if anyone can post the Sunshine's menus that would be great!

I know a lot of people really dislike the new American Table/Feast menus, but I was actually kind of hoping I'd get to try it out on our Freedom cruise.

Like others have said though it's taken them a long freaking time to get anything done with it so I'm wondering if it'll ever be rolled out to the rest of the fleet...*sigh*

• 3 months later...

I think most of the people who don't like it haven't even tried the new menu. There are a lot of us who do like it far better than the old menu. Who in their right mind would ever suggest ribs for an elegant night? Meatloaf and fried chicken are not things that most would look forward to on a cruise.

I have had the new menu in September and loved it. I thought the veal parm was good and really enjoyed the Beef Wellington. I think there have been a lot of tweaks to the original American table menu and, to me, it is far better than the old menu. I especially liked that different kinds of steaks were served almost nightly instead of that dreaded cheap cut of chuck steak called flat iron.

By the way, when I talk about the steak, I don't mean the steakhouse cut, I am talking regular steak such as a decent strip steak and a couple of others. John Heald posted a month or more ago that Dream was getting the new menu in July and I hope it is on the date he posted as we sail a week after that.

I'm sure if you are interested in what ships are getting the new menu and when, you can do a search on here as almost everything John posts shows up on here. For those of you who haven't tried the new menu, try it, you just might like it!