Self Tanners

Ilove6dogs

Those of you that use self tanning products at home how do they hold up while cruising? I have a couple different brands that I like and have used when I needed a little color for a weekend or event. I am just nervous about using it before my cruise in December as I don't want to be streaky or splotchy by day 3. Also how often do you apply it, everyday, every 2-3 days, once a week?

I've tried a lot of them from Tan Towels to spray tan but like the Jergens Natural Glow FOAM best. It doesn't streak if you really, really rub it in well. It doesn't smell, and dries super quickly.

If I'm looking for colour on my legs, I apply it every day for about 5 days. Then it needs reapplication every couple of days to maintain. I just carry the bottle with me when we travel. There is also a Jergens Natural Glow lotion, but it takes longer to dry.

http://www.jergens.com/products/natural-glow/default.aspx?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brand

If you use it, you WILL have to reapply frequently...they do tend to streak, especially around ankles, wrists, neck, etc....they tend to hold up better on smooth skin, like calfs, arms, etc....those wrinkly areas can get "dirty" looking if you don't keep up the applications.

I like the Jergen's Foam, too, because it doesn't have that nasty odor that some have. It just takes time to do the applications all the time!

The Neutragena spray works well, haven't had issues streaking. Only problem is it's an aerosol & I don't like to fly with aerosol cans (even in a sealed baggy). I'm looking for another choice. I tried the Jergens & it streaked badly on me, had to sugar scrub it off

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I use Banana Boat Summer Color Deep Dark Color, even though I am pretty fair-skinned, for my body and Dr. Dennis Gross alpha beta glow pad for face. I re-apply twice a week, once I'm happy with the color. Exfoliate before applying. A good tip - rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball to get rid of any dark places that appear.

• 2 months later...

My personal favorite is L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes, and they are great for tossing into a travel bag! :D

I always worry about orange palms as it happens to me no matter how much I wash my hands afterwards, so to avoid that I use surgical type gloves. Pack of 10 or so at Dollar Tree, totally worth it. :p

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a mitt to apply my self tan and can highly recommend it. Makes it MUCH easier to apply and you get a much more even result, added bonus no dirty hands!

I had almost given up on the self tanners as they always looked streaky etc and were a pain to apply but this has solved the problem. I am not sure of the brand, maybe ModelCo? It was next to the self tanners on the supermarket shelf.