Booked with reduced deposit question

Last week I booked a cruise during the WOW sale with the reduced deposit. I had been watching the cruise and a guarantee became available for a significant amount less than the current prices (prior and post sale).

We decided to jump on it even though I am not 100% sure we can go those dates (waiting on my vacation approval through work still).

My question is, with the reduced deposit I owe nothing until final payment? I logged onto the RCCL website yesterday and saw my payments tab and it says payment due for Oct 4 (I only booked Sept 29!). My feeling at this point is I am not paying anything else until I know for sure we are going.

So when you pay a reduced deposit do you generally owe anything else until final payment (excluding making changes to the ressie?).

Thanks for any insight! Hopefully I can call RCCL soon- just have not had time when my kids are not around (as they have no idea!).

Edited by rdevine10

I believe when you changed your WOW sale reservation you lost those benefits of the reduced deposit and possibly the OBC associated with the WOW sales - What they are probably looking for is full deposit. You probably should call and inquire because if full deposit is required and you don't make it you could loose your booking. There should be nothing else due until final after that.

Edited by LovesCruising

I believe when you changed your WOW sale reservation you lost those benefits of the reduced deposit and possibly the OBC associated with the WOW sales - What they are probably looking for is full deposit. You probably should call and inquire because if full deposit is required and you don't make it you could loose your booking. There should be nothing else due until final after that.

I did not change my ressie- I had no reservation prior. I had only been "watching" a cruise myself every few weeks. It was a completely new reservation booked during the wow sale with OBC and reduced deposit.

I did not change my ressie- I had no reservation prior. I had only been "watching" a cruise myself every few weeks. It was a completely new reservation booked during the wow sale with OBC and reduced deposit.

No further payment due until final payment day :)

I believe LovesCruising is correct.

Once you switched to the Guarantee rate,,, all bets are off regarding your previous booking. You lost the 50% deposit benefit.

I'm thinking you now owe the full 100% deposit and if not paid, will cancel your entire booking.

Im not sure what people are reading that even implies the OP changed their reservation? :confused:

The OP booked a cruise during the WOW sale. In My Cruises a "Payment is Due" tab is showing up. Those tabs are always there. That is only a reminder and no further money is due until his/her final payment date.

OK, I got confused with this statement on your original post.

"We decided to jump on it even though I am not 100% sure we can go those dates"

No changes made??? then no additional money due yet.

Ok- Im so confused. 1st- I never switched to the guarantee booking. The guarentee showed up on my search for the cruise- in fact I called in and booked it over the phone as I was having trouble online. It showed up under the WOW sale with reduced deposit. It was one heck of a deal. Exactly why booked it. :)

So I guess I am confused why people are saying I switched to a guarantee. No switching done here. Sorry, somewhat of a RCCL newbie- only one cruise on them so far.

Im not sure what people are reading that even implies the OP changed their reservation? :confused:

The OP booked a cruise during the WOW sale. In My Cruises a "Payment is Due" tab is showing up. Those tabs are always there. That is only a reminder and no further money is due until his/her final payment date.

thank you!

Last week I booked a cruise during the WOW sale with the reduced deposit. I had been watching the cruise and a guarantee became available for a significant amount less than the current prices (prior and post sale).

We decided to jump on it even though I am not 100% sure we can go those dates (waiting on my vacation approval through work still).

My question is, with the reduced deposit I owe nothing until final payment? I logged onto the RCCL website yesterday and saw my payments tab and it says payment due for Oct 4 (I only booked Sept 29!). My feeling at this point is I am not paying anything else until I know for sure we are going.

So when you pay a reduced deposit do you generally owe anything else until final payment (excluding making changes to the ressie?).

Thanks for any insight! Hopefully I can call RCCL soon- just have not had time when my kids are not around (as they have no idea!).

So sorry - misunderstood your post. You wrote you booked during wow sale at reduced deposit. Gruarantee became available and you jumped on it. Thought it sounded like you changed your res. So you now have 2 reservations for same ship?

So sorry - misunderstood your post. You wrote you booked during wow sale at reduced deposit. Gruarantee became available and you jumped on it. Thought it sounded like you changed your res. So you now have 2 reservations for same ship?

No- 1 reservation. The guarantee appeared as a booking choice that co-coincided with the day I happened to check the rates for the cruise again- which was during the wow sale with reduced deposit. I booked 1 reservation with an agent on the phone- my emailed receipt confirms reduced deposit, 100 OBC and a guarantee room.

Yikes- I think I need more coffee now!

Because not everyone is as superior and intelligent as you are.

Some of us, wrongly, thought that the OP booked a cruise during a sale. Then saw a better price and changed the booking to the new price.

Then again,, communications is a two way street.

You have a speaker (or writer),, and a Listener (or reader)

At the end of the speaking and listening process, if both parties are not in 100% agreement as to what was said vs. what was heard,,,, then both parties have failed in effective communications

no- 1 reservation. The guarantee appeared as a booking choice that co-coincided with the day i happened to check the rates for the cruise again- which was during the wow sale with reduced deposit. I booked 1 reservation with an agent on the phone- my emailed receipt confirms reduced deposit, 100 obc and a guarantee room.

Yikes- i think i need more coffee now!

:)

because not everyone is as superior and intelligent as you are.

Some of us, wrongly, thought that the op booked a cruise during a sale. Then saw a better price and changed the booking to the new price.

Then again,, communications is a two way street.

You have a speaker (or writer),, and a listener (or reader)

at the end of the speaking and listening process, if both parties are not in 100% agreement as to what was said vs. What was heard,,,, then both parties have failed in effective communications

:)