Wheel Chairs in Ports

flcraigs5

Good Morning We are on the VIsion of the Seas 12/13/14. My Father is having a hip replacement on 10/22/14. Even though he should be up and walking by the time of our cruise I am planning on bringing a wheel chair to use especially in the ports since most have a long walk from ship into the port. The ports we are visiting are Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel. Will taxies allow us to fold the chair up and put in trunk? Thanks for any help

Good Morning We are on the VIsion of the Seas 12/13/14. My Father is having a hip replacement on 10/22/14. Even though he should be up and walking by the time of our cruise I am planning on bringing a wheel chair to use especially in the ports since most have a long walk from ship into the port. The ports we are visiting are Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel. Will taxies allow us to fold the chair up and put in trunk? Thanks for any help

YES since the wheelchair folds.

It depends on the cab and the trunk size. Take a wheelchair with removable foot pedals and quick-release wheels to do this most easily. Remove the foot pedals and wheels, then fold, and it should fit into either the trunk or in the back seat. We have also had it strapped to the roof in a few places, esp. in Europe.