Live from Norwegian Getaway Oct 10-18

megr1125

After a lovely, albeit hot, day in Falmouth, looks like there's some weather on the way...bummer..

I will try and post tomorrow..well, do or do not, there is no try..LOL..so I will at least give you some text...pix will wait until Cozumel.

Thanks for stopping by......

The sky is almost as black as coal

1381024x707_zpsfebb5f42.jpg

Evening on the pool deck

205651x1024_zps2af06c85.jpg

Le Bistro

2921024x928_zpsdcbb707f.jpg

Getaway Gangway

0941024x652_zpsdef330a9.jpg

The PLANK!

027667x1024_zps50489be9.jpg

Thanks all!

Wound up getting another internet package since there are more free minutes...

No pix of course, but more tomorrow

Dinner at La Cucina was the best!! Excellent food and service.....awesome!

Gorgeous sunny day, check out the webcam if you can, just go to NCL's site, find Getaway and there is a link.

Having an Americano of course and editing pix.....nice day at sea!

Thanks again for the nice comments!

Thanks 1125 for a great update to your trip! we will be getting on as you get off! As said before what a great attitude you have regarding the change of route due to the storm, I hope that the people that complain realize the safety of the passengers and ship is always foremost!! Kudos :D to NCL for having a backup itinerary that would give you a great vacation with a surprise itinerary!! again thanks for your thread and we cant wait to get some sun!!! (I'm in Chicago!!) :):)

Here we are again, another sea day on the way to beautiful Cozumel Mexico. Spent a lazy day watching a few of the presentations and demonstrations in the Atrium and walking around the ship taking images. It’s a lovely, sunny day – perfect for photographing the lovely vessel.

Dinner last night at La Cucina was one of the best of the cruise. Excellent food and great service. I even dined outdoors as we pulled away from the pier in Falmouth (in the rain!) I was protected as I was under cover. Many other diners were outside as well.

Grabbed a burger at O’Sheehan’s for lunch, and a few hours later I decided I needed a snack. After bypassing the franks and beans on the buffet, I settled for a little fruit and salad, a pretzel roll and some lemonade. Didn’t want to fill up too much before tonight’s dinner at Moderno, but since I’d gotten an early start this morning, I was a little hungry.

The ship has lots of lovely artwork. The corridor approaching the spa and fitness center has a collection of photos of beautiful orchids. I think that they’re among my favorite flowers, but they’re hard to grow.

I also like all the other decorative touches throughout the ship.

There is an internet special going on for the rest of the cruise. If you buy an additional package, you get extra bonus minutes. That’s a good deal, but for some reason, it’s VERYYYYY slow today. Even the internet manager suggested the same. I don’t expect the lightning fast connection I have at home, but it’s been decent the other days of the cruise.

Might try to get in to see “Legally Blonde” this evening, but it seems to be booked. I suggested to my Aunt that we can just head over and see if there is any space, as I am sure there will be some people who reserved but who will not show up.

Once we arrive in Cozumel tomorrow, I will take a quick look around the pier area and then settle in and find some wifi! I don’t ever do tours and I don’t think I will head to the beach – too hot!! I like the AC on the ship!!

I will catch up with everyone later, and again, thanks for the nice comments and for stopping by each day!

Hello from Cozumel! We have a lot of company today... Caribbean Princess, Carnival Liberty, Vision of the Seas, and another CCL ship down closer to town...not sure which one.....I expect Sr Frogs to get packed later. Oh well, here I am with WIFI!

Yay...

Pix coming

Random photos from the last couple days. I know my review/report isn't that exciting since I can't always post images...but I hope you're enjoying it anyway.

Fruit Carving Demo

0551024x685_zps43682ebd.jpg

Ropes Course - no thanks!

0241024x685_zps319085bf.jpg

Self explanatory

0201024x590_zpsb9e193a7.jpg

Mandara Spa - skipped this as well

0101024x685_zpse969b41a.jpg

Barber Shop

0091024x685_zps38d2b24d.jpg

Meg, great review! In Cozumel go to Ponchos Back Yard. It's at the end of the pier, has the best margaritas and guacamole and has free wifi. So does Diamonds International!

Have one for me!

Cheryl

T

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are here, or will be here, with CCL Paradise, Elation and Liberty, RCI Vision of the Seas, and Caribbean Princess. All are here, save Paradise which is due to arrive at noon. SO if my math is right, and it may not be, there SHOULD be 6 ships here....

Had the pleasure of sailing on NCL Getaway September 20-27. Your review and photos are making me want to be back onboard badly!!! I have cruise fever. My travel buddy and I are planning something in April or May of next year to celebrate my big 6-0 birthday. Just not sure what. We have done Eastern Caribbean, Western Caribbean, Southern Caribbean, Alaska and Hawaii. Want to do somewhere different, but can't afford too expensive a cruise. Any suggestions from friends here on CC are appreciated. We have sailed NCL and Princess.

I am of the..."as long as the ship sails and I am on it..." I don't care where I go. Like with this storm deviation.....I like it better than the Eastern itinerary we had. I know some people are upset, but well, we are safe and on vacation..and face it, the cruise line will not risk their ship, guests or crew.

Plus, the cruise line contract basically says that they'll take you SOMEPLACE, or maybe not...and that things can change, yadda yadda....

I say this...go with the flow, be prepared for plans, as they change. I mean heck, this is supposed to be a big B-day celebration for me, and well, it's not anymore. Plans changed. Yes, I am upset, but my Aunt is having fun, her b-day actually is tomorrow, so her kids sent her with me...

And for my friends and family who aren't here, and who bailed out...you are NOT off the hook! Y'all have the rest of October and ALL of November to get me presents!

:D:rolleyes::p:D

Meg -

Ijust found your Getaway Live! Awesome posts. Too bad about the internet pictures from the ship, but ones you were able to post look great.

What fun to have the same old eastern ports turned into western ports. The magic of cruising. You can't be 100% sure exactly where you're going, but the overwhelming odds are that you will go somewhere.

Happy Birthday.

I am of the..."as long as the ship sails and I am on it..." I don't care where I go. Like with this storm deviation.....I like it better than the Eastern itinerary we had. I know some people are upset, but well, we are safe and on vacation..and face it, the cruise line will not risk their ship, guests or crew.

Plus, the cruise line contract basically says that they'll take you SOMEPLACE, or maybe not...and that things can change, yadda yadda....

I say this...go with the flow, be prepared for plans, as they change. I mean heck, this is supposed to be a big B-day celebration for me, and well, it's not anymore. Plans changed. Yes, I am upset, but my Aunt is having fun, her b-day actually is tomorrow, so her kids sent her with me...

And for my friends and family who aren't here, and who bailed out...you are NOT off the hook! Y'all have the rest of October and ALL of November to get me presents!

:D:rolleyes::p:D

You and I should cruise together!! ;) :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums