Meet and Greet how-to' & suggestions?

Kenlorz

Hi all!

We are new to NCL, but were extremely active on our last RCCL roll call. We love connecting with our fellow cruisers both before, during and after the cruise. We are already involved with our roll call, but our gal who volunteered to run our M&G just had to cancel her cruise. So, we are now in the consideration phase of volunteering in her place. I'm an event planner by nature and partially by vocation, so these things tend to come naturally for me; BUT I could use some added insight from my fellow CC members :)

1. How does one go about officially registering a M&G and what is my requirements as far as NCL is concerned? (it's our 25 yr anniversary cruise and I don't want any last minute surprises)

2. For anyone who has participated in a M&G, what was the best thing you ever did or saw done with a M&G?

3. If you have personally run one before, was there anything that you were especially blessed by or (on the other hand) something that you were disappointed by?

4. Any helpful suggestions or insights about running one?

THANKS EVERYONE!!!! You guys ROCK!!!

Thank you guys so much for pointing me in the right direction on how to get started! I told you... CC members ROCK!!! :D:D:D

:cool: Now... how about the other questions???? Anybody have additional input, insights, great ideas, what to avoid, what to watch out for, etc????

On the Dawn this summer, I kept info that was posted in the rollcall, and announced to everyone any birthdays, anniversaries, special occasions,etc to give the M&G a personal feeling. Even 1st time cruisers or 1st time on Ncl.

I thought about having the CC member tell where they were from, who was with them on the cruise,etc but had a senior moment and spaced it! lol

Hi, I am - by default - in charge of our meet and greet on the Dawn leaving next friday :eek:. I had a fellow CC'er volunteer to help, and we have planned a few fun activities. I am an experienced cruiser, but this is my first time as hostess. I arranged the M&G about 6 weeks out, and have been in contact with the concierge & staff with requests, etc. I will let you know how it goes, but I borrowed quite a few of my ideas from other posters. As we have a large group, over 60, I requested a bar set up at the meet and greet, we'll see if they are able to accommodate that. I also asked for a gift donated by NCL as a prize for one of the games. I had name tags printed for all guests that responded and set up an email for those who wanted to talk outside the cc community, however, that was not really used. I'll keep you posted after the fact, but feel free to use the email address I set up with any questions you may have, it's ncl101714@gmail.com. Good luck!

Linda

[quote=nanagirl;44385107I also asked for a gift donated by NCL as a prize for one of the games.

Linda

I keep hearing people mention winning prizes at their M&G, but where are these prizes coming from? NCL doesn't usually provide prizes, correct? I've thought about getting some glow paraphernalia from Oriental Trading and giving that out at the M&G for the GLOW party, but other than that, I have NO IDEA about prizes :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Can someone help me out on this one?

Personally, I'm not one for gift exchanges or other hoopla at the M&G. The officers come and the HD usually talks, sometimes hands off to the F&BD, they introduce the other officers and take questions. Usually, that takes up the whole hour.

I've been on other roll calls where we've had a slot pull, pub crawl or cabin crawl, but that was other than the M&G, and were even coordinated by other people. I think sometimes depends on how many will be at your M&G. We had over 60 last Christmas on the Jewel & there's no way you could have done a game or exchanged gifts in that one hour - which is what NCL allots for the M&G space & officers.

Also, The group coordinator on board the ship will sometimes contact you the day you board to confirm date, time and place. If people want to give their cabin numbers, I will deliver reminders for the M&G. We've been very blessed that on our future cruise, a couple of our CC members have very generously offered their Garden Villa for the M&G - which is the only way I'm going to see one of those!

On one cruise we all wore Mardi grass beads when we boarded to identify ourselves. At our Meet and greet I had some members prepare some positive questions such as "what one thing should I not miss in the dining room ?" We have done a cabin. Crawl with playing g cards and prizes in the end.. I didn't arrange our last Meet and greet but absolutely nothing was planned. I arranged a cabin crawl ahead of time. We went to several types of cabins. Since I was fortunate enough to have a Penthouse Suite, I had our wonderful butler bring us cheese and a few other snacks.

The most important thing is to keep others on your roll call involved and chatty. Ask for ideas and also ask if anyone wants to coordinate anything. Have a blast!

Thank you guys so much for pointing me in the right direction on how to get started! I told you... CC members ROCK!!! :D:D:D

:cool: Now... how about the other questions???? Anybody have additional input, insights, great ideas, what to avoid, what to watch out for, etc????

I've had the pleasure of being either the co-organizer or the organizer for three M&Gs... send me an email.

I was thinking of doing this next month? Has anyone tried it out?

Tip from CruisinBill3:
Put a person's name on adhesive name tag and place on BACK of every person. Have everyone look for their name on someone's back and introduce them self.

kenlorz: I and my co-hostess are donating small gifts from our own pockets and NCL has been asked to donate a gift. I won't know what that is until I board. I have been to too many of these that are boring and I want to bring a bit of life to ours, and get to know some of my fellow passengers. I don't mind spending a few dollars to make this work. You get out of it what you put into it.

I just did the M & G on the Getaway. The officers came at the beginning to mingle. Encourage everyone to get up and talk with them as they left soon after the CD talked.

We passed around the microphone and everyone stood to introduce themselves, their "handle", their real name, hometown, anniversary, etc.

We had a voluntary gift exchange of hometown gifts afterwards. We had around 70 for the actual M & G and 18 stayed for the gift exchange.

We did a cabin crawl coupled with a poker run the following say because it was also a sea day. For those asking about NCL gifts I did ask for some sort of logo prize from the ship group coordinator after our M & G but she did not follow through in time for our poker run. I had e-mailed this request when I sent the e-mail regarding the M & G about 6 weeks prior but this info was NOT passed on to her.

As far as cabin crawls, do NOT enter the Haven area unless it is cleared with the concierge FIRST. If you are having a Haven cabin on your crawl have that person ask the FIRST day of the cruise to see if it is possible for members to have a quiet discreet tour of the Haven areas.

We've organised these many times

We keep a list of all those participating and make name tags. Contact miami and book it and you get an email confirmation. A week out we confirm numbers.

Quite simple to organise but it can get competitive with others wanting to do it so we now leave others to it