Hotel/Miami

blackberry1

It was quiet, clean good breakfast included

Taxi was about $15 to port

we took the free people mover to Bayside to meet a friend for dinner it was fine

There is not too much in the area of the Hampton but it was just fine for us

YMMV

. Wifi is free for Gold and Diamond.

WiFi is free for all

Included in Every Stay

Free hot breakfast

Clean and fresh Hampton bed®

Free high-speed internet access in every room

Gym/Fitness Center Use

Be sure to post this on the Florida Departures Board.

I am very familiar with this property and have been inside this one although we stay at a different hotel. I have also stayed at other Hampton Inn's.

I agree with all that LHT28 said but would add that on top of this I like its location. You will be within walking distance of Mary Brickell Village which has a wide range of restaurants and also many shops and is fun to walk around.

This is one of about 5 or 6 Miami hotels that I often recommend for those wanting to stay downtown.

To me no cons but it is not say a full service hotel with a big lobby and dedicated concierge which most people do not need anyway.

Keith

I would choose the Hampton there is more to do close by than ES

YMMV

If you are trying to save $ you can take the orange line from the airport to Brickell... the hotel is a short walk from the station

HI has a shuttle for a fee or a taxi is reasonable

Edited by LHT28

The Hampton Inn location ... location and location is a better overall value. Unless you are going to take in a really large breakfast (it is great at Hampton Inn trust me after 5 visits!) and the evening cocktails at ES I suggest for the Hilton Honors member in you that you Double Dip and go with the Hampton Inn Brickell. Great area and just down from the port. Loads of restaurants and shopping! I have also stayed at the EPIC but that was when I was sailing on EPIC (LOL!) No matter what you decide enjoy your cruise and your being smart with a pre- overnight! There is UBER Car Service available in Miami and with the free app downloaded to your fun and a PROMO code you can get a lift there from the airport or try super shuttle and you can easily make it to the port for embarkation on a great cruise vacation.

Hilton's Hampton Inn Brickell is top rated on Trip Advisor an affiliated company with Cruise Criticit is a different type of Hampton Inn and opened only a few years old and is located in an up-and-coming neighborhood in downtown Miami. The lobby is spacious, with high ceilings, lots of light and sectioned off nicely - bar, business center (last minute internet before ship!) I have stayed at the Hampton Inn Having stayed here 5 times over three years and every time it has been well-maintained and consistent in quality and service. The neighborhood is growing up around the hotel but the extensive construction nearby presents no problems. With a bar and two other food places at street level, there are options for guests seeking even late arrival options for food and drink.

The lobby makes a great gathering spot if anyone has any Cruise Critic Cruise Groups out of Miami! There is another plus in the proximity to the station for the free Metromover to get about town.

As a Hilton Honors Diamond, they always upgrade me. Breakfast is decent and tasty (with lots of options). The rooms are clean and I can get a quiet rest ready to tackle even the most difficult embarkations. I love this hotel can you tell ... I sound like an ad for it but it is the best (I have no affiliation - just a regular South Florida Caribbean cruiser!)

If you get a chance tell Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown, hello from your Cruise Critic friends and that mycruisevacations will be back soon LOL!

Safe journeys! Be blessed!

Edited by MYCRUISEVACATIONS
Spelling and Wording