Self tanning products?!?!

I am in a leg cast & hoping to get it off the week before my cruise, so I am unable to lay in tanning beds for now. So I was thinking of using self tanning products, instead. icon_confused.gif What self tanning products do you guys use? If so what is your favorite? And where have you found it?

THANKS!! icon_biggrin.gif

First time cruisin!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until Carnival Fascination 5/21/04 Bahamas

Have you thought of the Mystic or Hollywood tan? You stand in a booth - press a button and get sprayed with a self tanner that also has a bronzer in it. Several women that I work with have done it and they look great. The tan lasts for about a week.

Hope your leg heals and you have a great time.

I would do that but cant seem to find any place around here that does it yet. We are very rural & usually behind the times a little. icon_wink.gif

I even looked in the phone book today for them b/c I saw a group discussing Mystic tan somewhere else on the board. But no such luck yet!

THANKS!! icon_biggrin.gif

First time cruisin!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I did MT for our cruise in March and I will not do it again for a cruise. For me, while the tan prior to the cruise looked nice, during and after the cruise - ugh! icon_eek.gif It was awful. Streaking - maybe from the salt water - no attractive looking.

Try Bain de' Sole in the bottle. It works just as well. icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

L'Oreal has a new line of self-tanners, Sublime Bronze, which I like very much - especially since they don't smell overwhelming! One is a tinted, slightly glittery lotion, one is an untinted spf 15 lotion, and one is a gel, which I like the best.

www.sunless.com seems to be the Cruise Critic of the self-tanning world. More information than you ever knew you needed.

judy

I use the tantowels from HSN. The tan lasts, is very natural looking (I have fair skin), and you can use it on your face. Aside from all that, they are moisturizing and very easy to use, no streaking.

Diamond Princess!!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;7;31;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Well found the closest Mystic Tan place it is an hours drive. icon_eek.gif Dont think I will be doing that!

I ordered the tan towels for now, plus will be looking into the lotions, creams, & gels I can find at the Walmart or drugstores locally.

jgf- Ichecked out that site & it was quite informative but actually made me a little leary icon_frown.gifof the sunless tanning lotions, creams, etc b/c of streaking etc.... What is the exact name of the gel you like? Does it streak? Does it go on easily? icon_confused.gif

Will let you guys know what I think of the Tan towels they should be here soon. Ordered them the other day when someone else told me about them. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for all your input!! Keep it coming! Anybody else have a favorite sunless tanning lotion, etc... they use?? icon_confused.gif

First time cruisin!!

Duhhhhhh.....I forgot that I had ordered something for the first time from the HSN. It's called Jet Tan - it's like the mystic tan, but theh home model. It comes with a spray gun!! You put the tanning stuff into the holding receptacle, then pull the trigger and it sprays a fine mist of self tanner. It looked pretty good when they were demonstrating it on tv. I haven't tried it yet.

It was $69.95 and comes with the gun and a/c adaptor, tanning stuff, exfoliator, barrier cream, tan extender and moisturizer.

Maybe I'll give it a try this weekend and report back. If I don't like it, I can always return it.

JanetMarie - will let you know as soon as I try them which will be as soon as they arrive.

tannise - Please do let us know when you try the Jet Tan. I would love to know what you think of it!

THANKS!

First time cruisin!!

Hi Girls,

I used the tanning solarium here in Oz for about 5 weeks before we cruised, and I only changed color a very slight shade, I was still very white, I used it 3 times a week, and gave up in the end. Then the day before our cruise, I got an all over spray tan, which was very even, and lasted for around 10 days, I did moisturise every day, maybe that helped. As the cruise was 19 days, I used a Princess cruises product from their beauty spa on board, a self tanner called..Elemis self tanning cream.. that was great too, I just used that in the areas that were beginning to fade, and it looked ok for the rest of the cruise. I think these things are just trial and error, finding a cream or lotion that works for you, or a combination of tanning

products together. Regards and best wishes to you all

Sandra

S&D

icon_smile.gif

7bdolph.gif

Star Princess Sept 2002 Mexican Riviera

Star Princess February 2004 Asia

Sapphire Princess March 2005 Asia

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;3;7;21;00;00&timezone=GMT+1000

BBC's...Bangkok or Bust Cruisers...Sydney/Bkk

The L'Oreal stuff is called Sublime Bronze - the one I like the best is the Self Tanning Gelée, since it goes on easily, dries quickly, isn't smelly, and it doesn't feel like a slightly sticky extra layer of skin. (Other self-tanners I've used feel like they are sitting on top of my skin, not absorbing into it, which is not the best sensation in the summertime!) The color is good, and I have had no problems with unevenness or streaking. The tinted lotion and the SPF 15 lotion also don't smell bad, cover evenly, and dry pretty quickly, but I think the Gelée is the best overall.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

_jgf_- Ichecked out that site & it was quite informative but actually made me a little leary icon_frown.gifof the sunless tanning lotions, creams, etc b/c of streaking etc.... What is the exact name of the gel you like? Does it streak? Does it go on easily? icon_confused.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

judy

Just thought I would let everyone know what I found out about Mystic Tan. My salon just got one in and had a coupon for a trial session. I was about to do it and they stopped me. They knew I was going on a cruise. She showed me the literature that says right in there that you should not use the MT if you are going to be in chlorine or salt water. I personally can't imagine what you would want it for since that is the case! But I was glad she stopped me because I leave in 9 days and I really do not want to look like a zebra.

Disney Wonder 9/00

Disney Magic 9/01

Disney Magic 9/02

Monarch OTS 1/04

Disney Magic 5/04

I tried the tantowels this past weekend and loved the way they work. People at work couldn't tell that it wasn't a natural tan. They were very easy to use.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;8;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Caribbean Princess Aug. 7, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;06;16;59;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Enchantment of the Seas 12-06-2004

Where do you purchase these tan towels?? Thanks

Monarch of the Seas 09/92

Majesty of the Seas 11/93,11/95

Sovereign of the Seas 09/94

Grandeur of the Seas 11/99,11/00,06/01,02/02,05/04

Navigator of the Seas 12/02,11/04

Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03

Radiance of the Seas 11/03

I bought the sunless tanning kit at Bath and Body this week. I need to exfoliate this weekend and then try it. I sure hope it doesnt leave a nasty after smell.....At least at Bath and Body they give a 100% money back if you dont like it

Hey Gambler!

I purchased my tan towels from hsn.com. I have not tried them yet. But I bought the tan towel plus & with S/H the total due was $24.90. Plus if I dont like it I can return it.

First time cruisin!!

I bought mine at drugstore.com. The last time I ordered I bought three boxes of the tan towel plus (10) for $19.95 each and free shipping.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;8;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Caribbean Princess Aug. 7, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;06;16;59;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Enchantment of the Seas 12-06-2004

Well tried the tan towels on a spot on my tummy this morning. Can not hardly tell that I used it?icon_frown.gif

So tried the L'oreal Sublime Lotion tonight will give you the verdict tomorrow! icon_confused.gif I did apply this everywhere but where my bathsuit will cover. I read all the application tips on Sunless.com so hope it works for me. I actually practiced last night on my friend visiting from South Carolina last night & she looked awesome this morning. icon_cool.gif She had tried other products & loves this one now. She said now everybody will think she went to the beach not just to PA! icon_biggrin.gif

First time cruisin!!

Well the verdict is in! The L'oreal Sublime tinted lotion worked great! After I showered this morning, I have a great healthy looking golden tan!! icon_biggrin.gif

Tan towel spot on tummy which was not covered with L'oreal still not showing much difference. icon_frown.gif No streaking from this product, just not showing up on me . Gonna go apply again to see what happens to that spot. Was really hoping tan towel would work b/c so easy to pack & carry along with me!

First time cruisin!!

For those of you who like or want to try the Tan towels. I just received an email from HSN.com that Tan towels are on special today. Here is the info:

Item Number: 722-062

Tan towel 15 pack special

Retail Value: $48.00

HSN Price: $29.50

Sale Price: $23.50

You Save: $24.50

Shipping & Handling: 4.95

I have not had much luck with them but some have really good results.

First time cruisin!!

Archived