Self tanning products?!?!

I just bought two of the tan towels in my local drugstore for $2.00 a towel.

If I like the product, I can go back and buy multi package which comes out to a cheaper price per towel. (I think it was about 15 towels for $20.00)

Will try it in the next few days.

Jane

Glad it worked for you! I love the stuff, my favorite self-tanner hands down.

judy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cruisincantwait:

Well the verdict is in! The _L'oreal Sublime_ tinted lotion worked great! After I showered this morning, I have a great healthy looking golden tan!! icon_biggrin.gif

_Tan towel_ spot on tummy which was not covered with L'oreal still not showing much difference. icon_frown.gif No streaking from this product, just not showing up on me . Gonna go apply again to see what happens to that spot. Was really hoping tan towel would work b/c so easy to pack & carry along with me!

First time cruisin!!

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until Carnival Fascination 5/21/04 Bahamas<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

judy

I love the Estee Lauder "Go Bronze Plus"

sunless tanning lotion. There is a separate formula for faces that has extra moisturizers. The face version comes with a SPF15 or without. Both the face and body lotion go on very easily - goes on a bronze color so you can see where you've applied it. No streaking whatsoever - even when overlapping. Very natural glow - everyone thought I'd been south for sprin break when I used it in March! I apply it every 4-5 days. There is a slight odor that goes away after 12 hours or so.

I just applied the tan towel, so can't report back yet. It takes 3 hours.

However, just to let you know, you don't have to buy it on HSN. You can also buy it on www.tantowel.com

The site has info about the product as well as a toll-free number you can call if you have any questions.

You can also buy it from Ricky's - one of my favorite stores for offbeat "stuff".... fun make-up, wigs, every hair product in the world, great brushes, adult costumes. Their website is www.rickys-nyc.com

Jane

[This message was edited by Jane110 on 05-18-04 at 03:11 PM.]

Tannise- Did you get a chance to try the Jet Tan? I'm so curious to know how it works and if you get even coverage. Let us know icon_cool.gif

Suzon

Cunard Crown Dynasty 10/94

Celebrity Century 11/96

Celebrity Infinity 11/04

countdown.php?month=11&year=2004&day=24&hour=12:00

Just a word of caution - one of our local TV stations did an investigation into the spray tanning - found it to be potentially very harmful due to the chemicals used that you inhale to some degree during the application. I was considering a spray tan before my cruise in January, and am now glad I didn't!!

Radiance of the Seas - Alaska!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I tried the tantowel and it streaked. However, it may have been my fault for uneven application the first time.

I did like the color. Not orange-y or unnatural.

For another $4.00, (one towel for each leg) I'll give it another try.

It washes off in about 4 days.

Jane

I love the Avon sunless tanning cream. Originally I bought the face cream and the body cream but found that the face cream didn't streak at all while the body cream could streak if I didn't apply it correctly (as do so many other creams which I've tried). The second time I ordered the Avon products, I bought two of the face tubes and it works wonderfully throughout my entire body! Plus, it has 15 SPF so I'm partially covered from the sun. I've tried tons of self-tanning creams because I don't enjoy the sun and this one turned out to be the best product yet. Hope you find a good tanner for yourself! icon_smile.gif

This may be a dumb question but, what about the airbrushing tan? Not the one in the can you do yourself but, the real one where someone airbrushes you? Will it streak in salt water like the Mystic Tan?

Sovereign of the Seas 6/00

Fascination 6/01

Fantasy 6/03

Sovereign 6/04

Whatever you do DO NOT spray tan before a cruise. I have just had it done yesterday to see how it is. I Mentioned to the girl who sprayed me that I was thinking of having it done for my cruise. She informed me it is not a good idea due to the fact that with the water it would start spotting in a few days. It is a good thing to do if you have an occassion, to have it done one or two days before. To keep it looking fresh and non streaky is alot of work. Don't know what I'm gonna do now that I can't use my wrinkle cream at night icon_eek.gif

Star Princess 11/14/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;11;14;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I use a brand called NoAd (no advertising) that is really inexpensive because it is not advertised. Seriously, that is why it is called NoAd. I found it at Wal-Mart and bought it at my sister-in-law's recommendation. It works great and looks good - no orange. Of course with all of them, you have to watch the heels, elbows and hands as to not get the orange build up. I always prefer the tanning bed to any product, but I'm getting too old (41) to worry about the wrinkles and cancer. I considered the tanning bed "one more time" but since we are going to Alaska and I will not be bearing as much skin (obviously), I decided the self-tanner would be good enough.

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered the tan towels tonight from www.tsc.com and now i'm having reservations after hearing some of you saying they streak

Sigh...

I'll post my opinion about then when I get them.

Counting down to VOS back to back Nov27 &Dec4

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;11;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Maasdam- 11/03

Maasdam- 12/03

Volendam- 04/02

Sunbird- 01/01

Married on the Enchantment of the Seas 01/99

Archived