Vision Solo Review 9/20/2014

Ander026

Well here are some pics of the Land Icons that can be found on Grand Cayman

Margaritaville on Grand Cayman. They did have a pool and slide on top that I did not take a pic of

IMG_0551_zps5a4db376.jpg

Some other historic sites here in Grand Cayman.

IMG_0555_zps3aaba750.jpg

IMG_0556_zps8baa99a7.jpg

IMG_0557_zps1642c24a.jpg

IMG_0558_zpsd3ee2822.jpg

Check out the color on this building

IMG_0559_zps4e60a932.jpg

Next up Leaving Grand Cayman.

Well now it is time to leave Grand Cayman. I shall be back in December.

Here is the port area where the Tenders drop you off.

IMG_0567_zpsb5e5efce.jpg

Carnival Victory turned around and leaving ahead of us

IMG_0569_zpsa28820ac.jpg

IMG_0576_zpsa87c9eea.jpg

IMG_0577_zps07dbc49e.jpg

Pool Deck on the Vision in the late afternoon.

IMG_0578_zps98e5e0ef.jpg

IMG_0579_zpse767d0e3.jpg

I believe this was the day that I participated in the Volleyball Tournament held in the main pool. The team that I was on won the Silver and we teamed up later to become one of the only teams to be the crew of the Vision.

Well that is all for tonight. I may post again tomorrow before work but if not it will be tomorrow evening before I post some more pics.

Edited by Ander026

Well I do like to take pics of Cruise Ships while in port.

Here are some of the Carnival Victory. It looked like Carnival was using the Dynamic Positioning System as they did not anchor like we did.

IMG_0548_zpse4fd7174.jpg

IMG_0550_zpse0ff77ed.jpg

Some of the Vision, I think the Vision looks better.

IMG_0546_zps7be8c02a.jpg

IMG_0549_zps06ccf2bb.jpg

IMG_0552_zps1d55e6e5.jpg

Next up some photos from land

Great photos of the 2 ships!

Could be just me but the Carnival ship is little ugly I think...

Well this evening was the Top Tier event and the 70's disco inferno in the Centrum.

The Top Tier event was held in the Spotlight Lounge. During the event they recognized the newly Pinnacle Members and the Pinnacle Members with the most cruises. This event seemed more like the traditional welcome back party.

IMG_0588_zps3f9618b6.jpg

The Captain once again came out

IMG_0586_zps1dd6ace2.jpg

He even sang a song to us which I cannot remember what the song was.

IMG_0592_zps3760c83a.jpg

Then it was onto the Centrum for the 70's Disco Party hosed by our CD Steve.

The dace party had a great feel to it. I like the party better in the Centrum than I do when it is on the Royal Promonade on the larger ships. There are better picture opportunities in this setting.

IMG_0603_zps3497755f.jpg

I do not know what the old Centrum looked like before the rehab but RCCL did a great job in creating the stairwell here that also acts as a stage for these events.

IMG_0608_zpsa020aa21.jpg

The event was very well attended.

IMG_0633_zps1a6073ee.jpg

More pics coming next.

We we have finally come to the final day at Sea. I slept in as usually do on the final sea day. First event I went to was a Q & A session with the theatre stars. Then it was off to another table tennis tourney which was taking place just after the Walk for Wishes began. Lost in the first round again but was not blown out.

It is time for the Walk for Wishes event

IMG_0656_zpsc7c014cc.jpg

The Captain leading the charge

IMG_0680_zpsb079c5dd.jpg

What a great day for a walk

IMG_0675_zps45daf9d7.jpg

IMG_0677_zps23521dad.jpg

Still a great day to hang out poolside

IMG_0653_zpsa412a09c.jpg

The Viking Crown Lounge overlooking the pool deck

IMG_0655_zps01e5cab4.jpg

Next up more of the final day at sea

We my fun day continued as I was asked to rejoin the team I was on for pool volleyball as we were 1 of 6 teams that competed against the crew. Our team beat the crew in a well contested event. There was a good crowd watching the event. Lots of energy as well.

IMG_0684_zpsd6b08357.jpg

The guest entertainers did a special Q&A session in the Centrum today and sang some songs as well. Very nice touch. I cannot remember the groups name.

IMG_0690_zpsd2c0054f.jpg

We are going the fastest going from Grand Cayman back to FLL. I think we were going 19 knots at this point. The Seas were calm all cruise.

IMG_0693_zps57297d1b.jpg

Tonight was another great production show put on by the cast. Interesting note is that the costumes for a segment during the show came from the Monarch.

IMG_0697_zps9b61c3ea.jpg

The Activities Manager Marvin getting reading for the Parade of Nations taking place in the Centrum.

IMG_0700_zps9a5fc8ca.jpg

On the Vision they did not do the normal farewell song in the Theatre but instead they did the Parade of Nations show in the Centrum as the final send off.

IMG_0706_zpsbba04c9c.jpg

Next up wrapping up the vacation.

Thank You

Very cool. We're on the Vision repo next month. Two questions, did you find it difficult to get a drink, and were they enforcing the 30 minute rule on deck chairs?

Wonderful pics, make me all the more excited about the cruise. Thank you.

Well folks we have come to the end of my review of the Vision of the Seas for the sailing of 9/20.

On the last evening while I was watching the world go by as we neared FLL, I noticed a ship in the distance, I thought it was the Carnival Ship that was with us in Grand Cayman. So you guessed it I took a picture. This is a photo that I could not do with my old camera.

IMG_0713_zps44945113.jpg

I woke up early on the final morning. I wanted to see us pull into FLL and get some pics.

Just incase some forgot it was the morning hours

IMG_0715_zpsd3a7b5a1.jpg

Very quite up on the pool deck. In fact I noticed that the pool and the hot tubs still open. Usually when I walk around the final morning that the nets are over the pools and hot tubs.

IMG_0716_zps8a03d781.jpg

As we are nearing the port I caught Security raising Old Glory

IMG_0717_zps009946a3.jpg

The Princess ship beat us in today

IMG_0721_zps1b3b682e.jpg

The Gangway ready meet us as we pulled in.

IMG_0722_zps9397b0e9.jpg

Here are some final thoughts of the cruise.

The cruise was great and I would do this itinerary again.

For the first time 4 out of 5 breakfast I had was in the MDR. They had a special area for Diamond and higher to eat at with no waiting in line.

Also for the first time I did get the unlimited Wi-Fi package. For a cruise ship I thought it was a great deal. I believe it was $95 pus a $29.99 discount for being Diamond. For me it was fast enough as I was able to access some stuff from my work website which is very tough to get into on a slow connection. Most of my internet work was off my laptop in my Stateroom.

I ate at Chops on the first night and the were very accommodating considering I was a solo walk up right at opening. I was seated 2nd that evening right next to the window.

I did go to the DL nightly as I met some very nice people there, I love hearing about past cruise tales and even telling some of my past cruises as well.

The staff of the Vision was fantastic. I did not have any issues at all on this cruise. Even when a potential issue came up with a leaking pipe in the ceiling right outside my room they were very quick to fix the problem before it got out of hand.

Vision was a great ship. I have really enjoyed sailing the Vision Class of ships. I do however prefer to sail on the Enchantment as the stretch enhanced the pool deck.

Very cool. We're on the Vision repo next month. Two questions, did you find it difficult to get a drink, and were they enforcing the 30 minute rule on deck chairs?

Wonderful pics, make me all the more excited about the cruise. Thank you.

I really didn't have a problem getting drinks. I also did not notice the 30 minute rule at all. As a solo I bring my own towel and I usually choose a chair that is close to the hot tub or pool that I was using.

I really didn't have a problem getting drinks. I also did not notice the 30 minute rule at all. As a solo I bring my own towel and I usually choose a chair that is close to the hot tub or pool that I was using.

Good Afternoon, Robert. Nice review. We were on the Vision early Sept and loved the crew and the Captain. I think he will be one of the most visible Captains and he is very personable. Looking forward to cruising with you again in 2015.

Thanks for the great review. I am traveling with my parents to help them with dad's new disability problems. My good friend is tagging along, too. We upgraded to junior suites and this makes me so anxious to get on board!

I really enjoyed your TR and all of your pics! Thank you for sharing

Carnival Elation 2010

Carnival Fascination 2011

Carnival Ecstasy 2013

Carnival Dream 2014

Carnival Liberty 2015

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk