Charges for single person for port fees and taxes

Weiss's

Hello

i am going on ncl gem on 9 feb 2015 and i noticed that my port fee and taxes are 527.81 and they should be 172.00 i called my travel agent she is telling me that i have to pay double taxes beacuse i am single doesn't make any sense.i checked on ncl website for same cabin cat and the port tax fees were 172.00 can anyone help me with is thank you

TAs can sometimes move their commission in part or in whole from the base price to taxes and fees in order to make the base price seem lower than NCL's price. Don't know if this is something your TA does, but it is a possibility.

Dear Weiss's,

ANSWER::;

Simply Switch to a accredited well ASTA Agent/Agency.

Taxes/Fees are not for a Cabin but per person. If for some reason you want to book with that agency .. ask for a supervisor/owner etc.. and`query them as per the Rude Expensive inaccurate Awakening you saw.:eek:

I just paid for another two cabin cruise where my XYL ( DW) and I have one cabin. My MIL has another I booked and paid in full for. The Taxes and Fees for all three of us in two cabins are the same.

Hello

i am going on ncl gem on 9 feb 2015 and i noticed that my port fee and taxes are 527.81 and they should be 172.00 i called my travel agent she is telling me that i have to pay double taxes beacuse i am single doesn't make any sense.i checked on ncl website for same cabin cat and the port tax fees were 172.00 can anyone help me with is thank you

Agree with all. Have sailed alone many times and am charged only taxes and fees for one person.

The TA seems to be trying to pull a fast one on you for some reason. What would concern me is the outright lie about the fees being double (when the math doesn't even work :eek:).

This is not an agent I would continue to do business with. I'd either find a good one recommended by a friend, or ask NCL how I could fire the agent and make it a direct booking with them.