I need help deciding on a Cabin

Kizzy

I have cruised on Carnival before and this will be my first on a Royal Caribbean Ship. I am thinking about booking a room on the Jewel of the Seas or the Mariner of The Seas.

I have cruised in an inside cabin but never an oceanview - the price difference was just too much for this single cruiser. But I so desperately want to try it!

Can someone tell me what the oceanview cabins offer that the inside ones don't? Will I have a REAL oceanview? Will I be able to see the fish swimming by? Is the glass on those little windows strong enough, they don't leak water do they?

I am sorry to have SO many questions I just want this to be the best cruise possible!

Thank you for your time.

Kizzy

Oceanview means you have a window to the outside. You will no be below the waterline, so no fish swimming by. The window will be picture window sized, not a tiny round porthole..It will be dark in an inside, but you’ll have some sunlight in the oceanview. No balcony, unless it specifically says you have one. All balconies are oceanview, but not all oceanview rooms have balconies.

If you want an option that gives you a window at inside prices, on the Mariner you could get a Promenade room.

These are on Decks 6-8 and have a window overlooking the indoor Promenade- which looks like a little street with shops, bars, and the cafe.

We quite liked this option as it was $200 cheaper pp than an oceanview (which paid for all our drinks and extras), centrally located on the ship, and only $10 more pp than an inside.

You can also search this board- lots of info has been posted on these cabins.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hi:

DH/I always had an oceanview stateroom and we loved them. For the first time we are going with an inside cabin to save some extra money since we were on a cruise in July. Since it's only five days we are giving it a try. Will we like it.. I have no clue but it can't hurt to try it once.

I've heard pros/cons of both so it's a matter of personal experience and what you're comfortable with. Try it once and see if it's worth the extra money to you. You'll get a view of the water but you are not under water. I've seen some beautiful sunrises/sunsets from my window and it was great.

The promenade cabin is not as expensive as an oceanview and you can see inside the main area of the ship which is really neat. Only drawback (from what friends mentioned) that if you are changing/etc. you must keep the curtains closed since people can see in the cabin. If you are in an oceanview, you can keep the curtains open since no one can see you.

My theory, try an oceanview and see if you like it. If not then go back to an inside cabin.

Whatever you decide to do have a lot of fun! Do some more research on CC as well since there are many posts regarding cabins.

Have fun!

Archived