Three things you are really looking forward to.

Catseyes

OK just 3 things is HARD !!! lol

But:

1) NOT being at work. 11 nights of serenity,bliss,fun and excitement with my husband of 7 years

2) visiting places we have NEVER been to before - together :)

3) The ACTUAL "Cruise experience". After many many land based vacations together the whole thought of being on a ship excites the dickens out of me.....

then of course

white sandy beaches with cool blue waters and fruity drinks in a swimsuit

dining on items we don't normally get to try at home

leaving behind my cellphone, computer etc

spending time with my mom, my sister, my sister in law, my 6 female cousins and my aunt

no husbands, no kids, no carpools, no making dinner, no laundries

although i can just imagine what a mess my house will be in when i get back after being gone for 4 days.

playing the slots and sitting by the pool.

1. Spending time with my new wife.. We'll be married 5 days before the cruise, so it'll be our honeymoon cruise.

2. Relaxing on deck with a good book/good drink.

3. Exploring some ruins on the mainland in Mexico.

;)

1. No Snow or cold weather....We live in Canada

2. Not having to cook any meals

3. No pager or phone to answer

Now seriously...

1. Being with my family

2. Meeting new people

3. Exploring new places

Peace.............Anna:)

hey Dave, I finally found someone else on *our* cruise!!! I have been all over these boards, posting everywhere I can think of, and no one has replied about being on the Elation Jan 23 out of Galveston. Gald to see we won't be alone now, that would have been rather boring!!!!!

Take it easy, counting down the days now...

Heather

1.This is our 1st cruise and we are celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary on the Coral!:) 2.Just getting away from cold weather-we live in Hamilton Ontario. 3.Enjoying the beauty of each port,every sunset,the food , the drinks, the ship, the people and most of all,to relax!!:D It's hard to choose just 3 on your 1st cruise.We are looking forward to everything!!!:D

1 - DW's first cruise... can't wait to see her reaction to the ship the first day.

2 - Waking up and stepping onto the balcony with a cup of coffee and seeing our first port and the hustle and bustle of the pier.

3 - Dressing up and roaming the decks with my beautiful wife, feeling like the King and Queen of Umpapamaumau.

These were what I really looked forward too on our first cruise this past Feb.

1.) Seeing the ocean for the first time (we took the shuttle and the bus driver was great about telling us if we had never seen the ocean before to look outside and there it was. WOW!!)

2.) Seeing our ship. The shuttle driver said just over the next hill look to your left and there will be your ship.

3.) Walking on board the ship.

It was such a fabulous experience, I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it was. :o

• 1 month later...
As a seasoned cruiser, I have some specifics(other than the usual, sunshine, relaxation, etc):

Onboard:

1. Watching the shore as we sail away on the first day. Seeing the land getting further and further away.

2. Going out on the top deck in the evening while at sea and seeing the billions of stars. You can't imagine how different the sky looks when there aren't any city lights around.

3. Dancing to the calypso band at the pool on a sea day!

Other:

1. The color of the Caribbean water. Being raised on Lake Michigan, that gorgeous blue water keeps me coming back.

2. Snorkeling, Snorkeling, Snorkeling!

3. Finding a little local "hole in the wall" tavern or restaurant and enjoying the afternoon visiting with the local while trying some of their local refreshments!

Mrsfuzzmo

Where in Wisconsin....I'm in Door County.

I'm not a newbie but I'm also not seasoned....coming up on my second cruise and it is a girl scout mom & me cruise.....I'm going with 8 newbies

What I'm looking forward too?

1. Seeing the look on the girls faces when they see the ship in Tampa....when they walk into the atrium.....when they see the ports....with 5 teenage girls the reactions should be phenominal.

2. Spending an entire week with my youngest daughter ... she will be 15....with no one else to interrupt us.

3. Being from Wisconsin....right on Lake Michigan...warm sunny beaches in March will be a blessing and a needed break.

More....

4. Spending time with an old high school friend who will be there with her daughter.

5. Seeing new ports....Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya. New experiences in each port. Cave tubing, dolphin swim, snorkeling, kayaking and biking.

Just booked a 4 day Pacific NW for DH and I in Sep. 06; first cruise for us both. After dithering about it for almost 2 years, just reserved it and stuffed the confirmation email in DH's stocking for Christmas. :)

1. Celebrity Mercury Sky Suite with butler. Chose a port side suite, and hope to have lunch served on the veranda the day we cruise the Inside Passage! What a setting! :D

2. 4 days with no phone/email/electronic ANYTHING!!! Hope we survive! ;)

3. Getting to know the other folks on the cruise. Meeting new perople is ALWAYS great fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Most of all spending much needed relax time with my sister. Our Mother passed away in Sept. Next it is to sit on my balcony in my silk PJs with a glass of beer (Fooled ya'! No wine. I'm a bit of a redneck). Lastly, laying back in a pool looking up at the stars and hearing the waves go by.

Ah, great question.

#1 Intermittently relaxing on the beautiful beaches and engaging in water activities (snorkeling, kayaking, swimming, and maybe a dolphin excursion).

#2 Staying tipsy!!! I'm 25 and rarely feel the need to drink more than what will give me warm fuzzies. However, I'm really looking forward to keeping a glass in hand the whole time. I've got it all planned out: bringing wine for dinner, champagne for *alone* time with my boyfriend, Sprite bottles filled with Smirnoff twisted apple for the pool, and assorted flavored rum packed in water bottles for whenever the mood strikes. Let's not forget partaking in cocktails at the bar and on excursions. Yep, gonna stay liquored up.

#3 Spending time with my boyfriend. Not just the aforementioned alone time, but all the activities that are in store. He's never traveled to too many places, so I'm really excited about getting him out and about.

:)

I certainly have a list of things I am looking forward to. My top three would have to be:

1. Being alone with husband for 10 days.

2. Being waited on, not waiting on three small children and one big one.

3. Not changing a single dirty diaper for over a week. (Have at least one child in diapers for the past 5 years.)

but here's my 3.

1) spending 4 days with DH with no interruptions, responsiblities or distractions & being able to completely relax

2) exploring different places, staring at the ocean (I've only seen it once, DH never) and laying on the beaches

3) Hopefully loosening DH up regarding traveling, flying and water

Ok so I squeezed a few extras in there, couldn't help it.

Oh I can't wait!! :cool:

Archived